My bearded dragon hasn't shed in weeks, but everything seems fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher3105

My bearded dragon will be 8-9 months old in a about a week, he eats well, humidity is always in the 40's (more recently its been a little higher since I had to change out the substrate, reads 49% right now) and his hot spot is around 85 and the cool side is 72, and everything is fine, he acts normal in the way he is aware, doesn't act ill or tired, poops are also normal, (a little infrequent but that just seems to be his schedule) but he isn't shedding and doesn't show signs of shedding any time soon. I got him in January, and he non stop shed, like literally at most 2 or 3 days in between sheds until about a month ago, when he basically stopped. I keep thinking he looks like he might but it never comes. I did leave for a about a week and his food intake did decrease a little, but still everyday and a good amount per feeding and its returned to normal schedule since (about 2 weeks) but still no shedding? Is this normal?

anyways, thank you for your time,

I will also attach a picture below, just incase.

20220414_204624.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
As they go from being a very fast growing hatchling -->juvenile --> subadult --> adult , the frequency of shedding drops off and shedding becomes more haphazard and piecemeal.

This is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom