My bearded dragon doesn't drink very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvally

My bearded dragon doesn't drink much at all. I've read frequently that they don't need drinks very often and most of it comes from their food. How true is that?
He's about 6 months old, closer to 7 months, and looks pretty healthy, doesn't show signs of dehydration.
Depending on what I have, he gets different veggies, like red peppers, butternut squash, pak choi and spring greens.
I feed him a variety of insects, consisting of mainly dubias, calci worms and silk worms, and sometimes superworms, as he likes to chase them around - it gives him excersise. I would like to try hornworms, but I can't get them in scotland.
Is this enough to keep him hydrated? I try to drip some water on his nose with a dropper, but he doesn't always drink it. I've never seen him drink out of his water bowl - though the water levels drop, which I assume is it simply evaporating.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Rinsed veggies and the worms will keep him hydrated and yes that is true - they get a lot of moisture from the greens so rinse before serving -- you can tell by his poop - urate should be formed white and moist --- sometimes extra water will come out meaning they are hydrated -- he doesnt need the water bowl in the tank if hes not drinking it and it will raise the humidity so keep an eye on that you dont want it 70% and over --
Karrie

Silvally

Original Poster
Thanks! He always ignores his awter bowl anyway, humidity is fine but I really can't be assed washing it anymore if he never uses it. I'll remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom