My bearded dragon ate a firefly and is alive bc of a previous post. Thank you!

Yolanda W.

Beardie name(s)
Yoshi
My bearded dragon ate a firefly a week ago and he is still alive! I found a post by a member to try cilantro, parsley, activated charcoal and water and blended it. I took him the the ER and they gave him liquids but was not given any promises. In fact, they were surpeised he was still alive. I blended cilantro, parsley, and activated charcoal (not from coconuts by the way since it is not good for them) and blended it with water and used a dropper to feed it to him twice in one day. I had taken an activated charcoal capsule from the vitamin shoppe and broke the capsule (since they can't have gelatin) and poured the activated charcoal from the inside into the blender).That was only given to him the first two times. The rest of the days, I did the following: I blended cilantro, parsley and water and gave it to him once a day. My daughter and I also bathed him twice a day to ensure he stays hydrated. So far he is showing great improvement! It has been a week. We thought he was going to die as his beard was jet black, was not eating, was fatigued, and was gaping a lot. His beard is no longer jet black and it looks like he shed his skin and is recovering beautifully. Thank God for this forum! I make no promises but it sure worked for me. So happy I discovered this forum! Yoshi is thriving! My daughter and I are super attached to him.I will keep you all posted! Yoshi is resting now.

Attachments

• 20220719_172037.jpg
    20220719_172037.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Ohh man that had to be such a stressful time. So glad your beardie is on the mend and doing better. I'm glad someone here was able to quickly offer you some helpful advise.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The little guy looks beat up, but im glad he is doing better. Please keep us posted on his recovery.
Oh and good job on your part!!!!!!!

Yolanda W.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yoshi
Ohh man that had to be such a stressful time. So glad your beardie is on the mend and doing better. I'm glad someone here was able to quickly offer you some helpful advise.
Yes! Absolutely! Thank you! My daughter and I were crying but now we are thankful he is doing well now. We are super attached! Thanks again! I am hoping this may help someone as much as it helped us. You never know.

Yolanda W.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yoshi
The little guy looks beat up, but im glad he is doing better. Please keep us posted on his recovery.
Yes, he is resting! :) He had so much energy. Thank God. I took him out today and he was so happy. Now he's beat. lol
Thank you! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific news, bless him!:) I'm glad we could offer enough advice & treatment directions
to help him overcome the toxicity! I bet he is worn out though but at least he is alive.

Tracie

Yolanda W.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yoshi
Hello,

That is terrific news, bless him!:) I'm glad we could offer enough advice & treatment directions
to help him overcome the toxicity! I bet he is worn out though but at least he is alive.

Tracie
Yes, for sure! Thank you so much! 😊🙏

Yolanda W.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yoshi
My bearded dragon ate a firefly a week ago and he is still alive! I found a post by a member to try cilantro, parsley, activated charcoal and water and blended it. I took him the the ER and they gave him liquids but was not given any promises. In fact, they were surpeised he was still alive. I blended cilantro, parsley, and activated charcoal (not from coconuts by the way since it is not good for them) and blended it with water and used a dropper to feed it to him twice in one day. I had taken an activated charcoal capsule from the vitamin shoppe and broke the capsule (since they can't have gelatin) and poured the activated charcoal from the inside into the blender).That was only given to him the first two times. The rest of the days, I did the following: I blended cilantro, parsley and water and gave it to him once a day. My daughter and I also bathed him twice a day to ensure he stays hydrated. So far he is showing great improvement! It has been a week. We thought he was going to die as his beard was jet black, was not eating, was fatigued, and was gaping a lot. His beard is no longer jet black and it looks like he shed his skin and is recovering beautifully. Thank God for this forum! I make no promises but it sure worked for me. So happy I discovered this forum! Yoshi is thriving! My daughter and I are super attached to him.I will keep you all posted! Yoshi is resting now.
Update: Yoshi looks so much better! We are so thankful. What a beautiful miracle.

Attachments

• 20220723_210253.jpg
    20220723_210253.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 73

Yolanda W.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yoshi
He is doing so much better! :)

Attachments

• 20220723_210253.jpg
    20220723_210253.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 76

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom