My baby wont eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a little girl she is about 5.5 inches long, maybe even 6 (she doesn't stay still), She is very active and not lethargic... I have had her for almost two months she has had a full body shed already and two tail sheds... I feed her medium size phoenix worms. She wont eat greens I wiggle them around I stick them by her mouth let her lick them I have set them by her and even put a worm on them... she wont eat them. She poops on them... so my first question is HOW DO I GET HER TO EAT THE GREENS and also... I've been feeding her the worms for the past few days she was eating about 5-7 a day and now she only eats 2-3... I stopped crickets because she liked the worms more... I tried a few crickets today because she yesterday and today she wasn't eating worms and she wont eat crickets either... so my next question is HOW DO I GET HER TO EAT MORE WORMS AGAIN? or even crickets...

nursejones813

Juvie Member
Don't panic that she's not eating greens. Sometimes they're closet green eaters! But, can you run down your set up for us? Please be specific. What kind of lighting? Do you have A UVB? What kind? Any colored lights? What are the temps in her tank? How are you measuring the temps? Do you bathe her? How often? What kind of substrate is she on? Is she pooping regularly? (Other than in her salad :lol: ) sorry for all the questions...

callalily8912

Original Poster
lol yes she has been pooping everyday or every other day at least kuz shes eating less. I have a 55 gallon tank a 100 watt heat bulb a reptisun 10.0 uvb 24 inches. The hot side of the tank is about 110 I have a little probe thing to measure temp. shes very active and runs through the tank like shes crazy lol. I bathe her three times a week and I take a drenched balled up paper towel and twice a day I wring it out and get her entire body a few times with the water. She is on paper towel. I keep all of them on paper towel always. No colored lights I don't like them and I feel they make them aggravated. She was eating only crickets about 12 small ones a day then I got phoenix worms and she stopped eating crickets she started eating like 15-20 sometimes 25 small phoenix worms a day then I got mediums and she ate 6-7 a day. Now for the past four days shes been eating two or three worms and acts like shes interested in more but runs away or looks the other way like shes sticking up her nose to them lol shes being picky... I just want her to eat. shes so small I don't want her to get sick or die or something.

nursejones813

Juvie Member
You may try some stage 1 baby food. Like squash. Mix with stage one chicken. (You can mix in her supplement). Either drip it on her nose, and have he lick it off. Or, try a syringe. This may stimulate her appetite. Hope that helps! :D

callalily8912

Original Poster
How long is it okay to feed her that? just until she starts eating the worms again? That's funny... I mean obviously they're babies but I swear they're just like human babies... so small and u need to watch them all day and they're picky so u need to find anyway to get them to heat so they can stay healthy... even feeding them every few hours lol. If she doesn't start eating more I will definitely try it Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom