my baby seems to be sleeping and hiding most of the day yesterday he was super active and today he is just sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

mane

my baby seems to be sleeping and hiding most of the day yesterday he was super active and today he is just sleeping i hold him and he just closes his eyes. he opens them and looks around but goes back to sleep. he is a baby this is my 2nd week with him ive been feeding him crickets and petco gave me some worms.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my baby seems to be sleeping and hiding most of the day yesterday he was super active and today he is just sleeping i hold him and he just closes his eyes. he opens them and looks around but goes back to sleep. he is a baby this is my 2nd week with him ive been feeding him crickets and petco gave me some worms.
Please go over the basking temps and how you are taking them? What kind of UVB are you using a coil or a tube fixture ? Where in the tank is it if its a long tube fixture --- these things I am asking about are crucial to the dragons health --- basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons please

mane

Original Poster
Please go over the basking temps and how you are taking them? What kind of UVB are you using a coil or a tube fixture ? Where in the tank is it if its a long tube fixture --- these things I am asking about are crucial to the dragons health --- basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons please

Im using this light he has it on top of the tank now
I did had a stick on temp since it came in the tank that i got but i just used a digital and the temp is 25c or 75 f

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Im using this light he has it on top of the tank now
I did had a stick on temp since it came in the tank that i got but i just used a digital and the temp is 25c or 75 f
Please get rid of the coil bulb ASAP ---- you need a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 + gallon tank like this Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood order this bulb please 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO do this ASAP-- where is this 75 degree temp? You need basking temps of 105-110 place the probe thermometer on the spot where he basks wait 10 min or so get temp -- cool side of tank should be 80's during the day ---- these things I have posted are the most important thing in that tank they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon --- what kind of worms did petco give you? Your dragon needs salads every morning a long w/ his staple insect dusted 5 x per week ONCE per feeding w / calcium D 3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week dusted ONCE per feeding -- Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
your baby will not eat w/ out this being correct -- when you get the UVB please post back on here I will help you get it set up in the tank

mane

Original Poster
Please get rid of the coil bulb ASAP ---- you need a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 + gallon tank like this Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood order this bulb please 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO do this ASAP-- where is this 75 degree temp? You need basking temps of 105-110 place the probe thermometer on the spot where he basks wait 10 min or so get temp -- cool side of tank should be 80's during the day ---- these things I have posted are the most important thing in that tank they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon --- what kind of worms did petco give you? Your dragon needs salads every morning a long w/ his staple insect dusted 5 x per week ONCE per feeding w / calcium D 3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week dusted ONCE per feeding -- Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
your baby will not eat w/ out this being correct -- when you get the UVB please post back on here I will help you get it set up in the tank
For a 20 gal tank what would it be i will keep
You updated once i get it. They gave me waxworms. Ive been giving him spinach and alfalfa and kale. The side of the tank is 75•

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
For a 20 gal tank what would it be i will keep
You updated once i get it. They gave me waxworms. Ive been giving him spinach and alfalfa and kale. The side of the tank is 75•
For a 20 gallon tank use the 5.0 bulb that is in the fixture --- please let me know when you get it --- lay off the wax worms please NO spinach and the alfalfa but keep feeding the kale ---- order him some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com order medium since he is little for now -- DO NOT dust them and you will need a bowl like this https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
but we must get the correct basking temps and that UVB he is not going to eat w/ out being corrected
when did he eat last ? the 75 temp is what side of the tank ? basking side cool side ?

mane

Original Poster
Cool side of the tank 75
Just to make sure and im sorry im causing a lot
Of trouble
This is what im ordering for a 20 Gal tank
The bsfl medium
And the plate. What thermometer do recommend for Me to have ? Any special brands?

Attachments

• F1B55362-6888-4021-9484-6823ACEA2E72.jpg
    F1B55362-6888-4021-9484-6823ACEA2E72.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 71

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Cool side of the tank 75
Just to make sure and im sorry im causing a lot
Of trouble
This is what im ordering for a 20 Gal tank
The bsfl medium
And the plate. What thermometer do recommend for Me to have ? Any special brands?
Do not order the 5.0 bulb the fixture comes w/ one --- is the UVB fixture the 24"?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing?
Did you get the Reptisun 10 tube, correct?
You can mount it on top of the screen, but if you could get it mounted underneath of the screen
that would be more effective. I would have it at or around 6-8 inches in distance.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I also recently ordered this bulb for my 20 gallon. Can you tell me how to place it? Can I just put it on top of the screen?
For a 5.0 bulb it should be unobstructed so take the screen off or place the UVB on the end of the tank width wise w/ the screen butted up to the fixture you can then place the basking bulb next to it -- place a piece of basking decor directly underneath the UVB approx 6-8 inches -- this will be the most effective for now - when you go to the bigger tank the distance and placement will be different for the 10.0 bulb ---

mane

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your baby doing?
Did you get the Reptisun 10 tube, correct?
You can mount it on top of the screen, but if you could get it mounted underneath of the screen
that would be more effective. I would have it at or around 6-8 inches in distance.

Tracie
today he has been on his baskin all day and he is active I'm waiting for the supplies to arrive so i can modify his tank :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom