Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yup spoil them while you can 😁

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope everything is going well. Please keep us updated on him, I am so happy he is getting
back to normal.

Tracie

Rylie Skye

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kevin, Calypso Von Blueberry, Marvin
UPDATE:

I am beyond happy to announce that Marvin the Mighty has made a full recovery ❤️‍🩹

He’s back to his normal, feisty self. His injuries have completely healed and the infection has been cured. Looking at him now, you would never know he had been hurt or sick!
2D64C49A-0F0F-43AB-A149-7215AFD027A9.jpeg

Thank you all for your support and help. You have helped me tremendously during this stressful time and without your amazing advice, my beardies wouldn’t be thriving as much as they are now.

Again, thank you!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Marvin the mighty look quite sweet in that pic. He is a cutie!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news, I am so happy Might Marvin is doing so well! Feel free to post pictures
as often as you would like!

Tracie

Flame2020

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Flame 🔥
This morning, my cat broke into my baby beardie’s terrarium. Athena (the cat) somehow managed to get inside the light compartment, tear the screen, and shimmy her way down into his home through a tiny tennis ball-sized hole. She attacked Marvin (the beardie) and left some pretty nasty gashes. Luckily, I was home and was able to intervene. I got Marvin to the vet asap and he was treated immediately.

Poor baby has a cut under his right eye, a scratch on his front right arm, two puncture wounds on his mid-body, and some bruising on his tail. The vet said the puncture wounds were not deep (to his knowledge) and that these were injuries he has a good chance to recover completely from. Marvin was prescribed an oral antibiotic and eye drops to prevent infection. He was patched up very well and we were sent home with a follow-up three days from now.

It’s a bad situation but it could have been much worse.

We kicked Athena (the cat) out of the room and moved Marvin into the “quarantine tank” just to keep a better eye on him. He’s been moving around fine and has since de-stressed a little since this morning. I offered him some greens and crickets but he has refused all food so far. He pooped without an issue and his stool looks normal. Marvin is currently resting.

I’ve with never dealt with injuries like this before (thankfully) and any tips on helping him recover would be greatly appreciated. I was given a list of things to watch out for, but any and all advice is welcomed. Thank you!!
View attachment 76958
How’s Marvin doing ??? I’m late to this post . Hope all is well

Flame2020

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Flame 🔥
This morning, my cat broke into my baby beardie’s terrarium. Athena (the cat) somehow managed to get inside the light compartment, tear the screen, and shimmy her way down into his home through a tiny tennis ball-sized hole. She attacked Marvin (the beardie) and left some pretty nasty gashes. Luckily, I was home and was able to intervene. I got Marvin to the vet asap and he was treated immediately.

Poor baby has a cut under his right eye, a scratch on his front right arm, two puncture wounds on his mid-body, and some bruising on his tail. The vet said the puncture wounds were not deep (to his knowledge) and that these were injuries he has a good chance to recover completely from. Marvin was prescribed an oral antibiotic and eye drops to prevent infection. He was patched up very well and we were sent home with a follow-up three days from now.

It’s a bad situation but it could have been much worse.

We kicked Athena (the cat) out of the room and moved Marvin into the “quarantine tank” just to keep a better eye on him. He’s been moving around fine and has since de-stressed a little since this morning. I offered him some greens and crickets but he has refused all food so far. He pooped without an issue and his stool looks normal. Marvin is currently resting.

I’ve with never dealt with injuries like this before (thankfully) and any tips on helping him recover would be greatly appreciated. I was given a list of things to watch out for, but any and all advice is welcomed. Thank you!!
View attachment 76958
Saw below lil Marvin is doing well . I was going to mention crustal care reptile is a good for sick or healing animals. It’s a powder and you mix it in water or baby food and drop it in their mouth. Great stuff .
Glad all is well 🙌

Rylie Skye

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kevin, Calypso Von Blueberry, Marvin
Saw below lil Marvin is doing well . I was going to mention crustal care reptile is a good for sick or healing animals. It’s a powder and you mix it in water or baby food and drop it in their mouth. Great stuff .
Glad all is well 🙌

Oooh thank you! I’ll have to grab some of the crucial care stuff just to have on hand 😊

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The critical care works well for a lot of them, in moderation. It helps a lot with nutritional status.
Let us know how things are going with Mighty Marvin!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom