My baby beardie was attacked by the cat

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh poor Marvin, I am sorry! :( It could be an infection, or maybe an internal injury?
You could try giving some colloidal silver daily, to help with internal infection. Do you have
any CBD oil you could give to him?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Rylie Skye

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kevin, Calypso Von Blueberry, Marvin
UPDATE:

For the past several days, Marvin has been in critical condition. When his lights came on in the morning, I had to move him to the basking area of his enclosure because he could hardly walk. We had to force feed, soak, and medicate him on a schedule. In the evening, I would wrap him up in a soft blanket to help keep him cozy. No matter what we did, the number of vet trips we took, Marvin’s health was slowly declining. He was so weak, he couldn’t lift his head up and struggled to keep his eyes open. I was convinced we were going to lose him. Given his state, the emergency vet we called recommended having him humanely euthanized.

After that phone call with the emergency vet, we decided to spend the rest of evening with him. We wrapped him up his fuzzy baby blanket and played some soft, relaxing music for him.

Then a miracle happened. The next morning, Marvin sat up and looked at me when we turned his lights on. This was a first time he’s done this in days. Since then, he’s been getting stronger by the hour. He’s been walking around, sitting up, and engaging more and more. Yesterday evening, he ate on his own for the first time in nearly a week!

He’s still wobbly, doesn’t have as much interest in food as he normally does, and is still a little lethargic but he seems to be recovering slowly. He’s able to hold himself up, walk, and eat on his own. Marvin is one strong little dude!

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I am beyond grateful for all the advice we’ve received! Our husbandry has improved significantly because of everyone here. ❤️

I’ll continue to post updates on his progress.

We’ve officially changed his name to Marvin the Mighty 💪
7BF4AFB4-A562-4266-9957-9564E69841B4.jpeg

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
UPDATE:

For the past several days, Marvin has been in critical condition. When his lights came on in the morning, I had to move him to the basking area of his enclosure because he could hardly walk. We had to force feed, soak, and medicate him on a schedule. In the evening, I would wrap him up in a soft blanket to help keep him cozy. No matter what we did, the number of vet trips we took, Marvin’s health was slowly declining. He was so weak, he couldn’t lift his head up and struggled to keep his eyes open. I was convinced we were going to lose him. Given his state, the emergency vet we called recommended having him humanely euthanized.

After that phone call with the emergency vet, we decided to spend the rest of evening with him. We wrapped him up his fuzzy baby blanket and played some soft, relaxing music for him.

Then a miracle happened. The next morning, Marvin sat up and looked at me when we turned his lights on. This was a first time he’s done this in days. Since then, he’s been getting stronger by the hour. He’s been walking around, sitting up, and engaging more and more. Yesterday evening, he ate on his own for the first time in nearly a week!

He’s still wobbly, doesn’t have as much interest in food as he normally does, and is still a little lethargic but he seems to be recovering slowly. He’s able to hold himself up, walk, and eat on his own. Marvin is one strong little dude!

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I am beyond grateful for all the advice we’ve received! Our husbandry has improved significantly because of everyone here. ❤️

I’ll continue to post updates on his progress.

We’ve officially changed his name to Marvin the Mighty 💪
View attachment 77315
I have been watching this thread and I am so happy to hear this good news. He has definitely earned his new name!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Hello Mar..... Mighty, you are mighty indeed!!! I have been following this thread also, and to be honest, everytime i opened it, i expected the worst, it has made my day today. They are amazingly resilient lil animals.
Yes please keep us updated on his progress, everyone here always roots for them 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is terrific news! I am so happy for you all, bless little Marvin the Mighty!
He has come a long way & it does sound like he is going to fully recover. I too, was afraid to
open the thread, worried about what I was going to read.

Please keep us updated on him!

Tracie

Rylie Skye

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
UPDATE:

He’s doing wonderful this morning! Marv is moving around well (less wobbly today) and is very active.

He ate two super worms last evening and had plenty of his “salad”. We’re still having to substitute his normal protein source (crickets) with a slurry because hunting is still a little difficult. But he is licking it up no problem!

B0E37B24-C6F5-4905-B6D1-9C7AA96FA67D.jpeg

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
UPDATE:

He’s doing wonderful this morning! Marv is moving around well (less wobbly today) and is very active.

He ate two super worms last evening and had plenty of his “salad”. We’re still having to substitute his normal protein source (crickets) with a slurry because hunting is still a little difficult. But he is licking it up no problem!

View attachment 77351
Love this picture! What a resilient guy!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That pic is AWESOME!!! He looks like he well on his way to recovery. 🙂🙂🙂

Rylie Skye

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
24B431F3-F034-4B81-9FEA-4799D85B81BA.jpeg

Marvin the Mighty is well on his way! He’s hunting crickets on his own, drinking water, and moving without issue. The wobbling has completely gone away! He’s been very active all day and has been running all over his enclosure. These are truly amazing, resilient animals ❤️

We got lucky with this guy. Our cat, on the other hand, not so lucky. We’ve put a loud bell on her so we can always know she’s near us when walking into the reptile room. She hates it, but knowing where she is helps keep our lizard babies safe!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's great to see, and now on top of his skull cave it's like he's saying " why yes, I was plucked from the jaws of death"! BTW, I'd avoid mealworms + superworms for such a tiny beardie since they can more easily cause impaction. Another potential problem is that b.d.'s can get spoiled and reject other insects in favor of those worms.

Rylie Skye

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It's great to see, and now on top of his skull cave it's like he's saying " why yes, I was plucked from the jaws of death"! BTW, I'd avoid mealworms + superworms for such a tiny beardie since they can more easily cause impaction. Another potential problem is that b.d.'s can get spoiled and reject other insects in favor of those worms.
Yeah, we try to keep worms to a minimum. They make wonderful, fatty treats but are definitely not a staple lol. He normally has a single worm within a week at most. I have been offering everything everyday (crickets, roaches, super worms, freeze-dried and live), go figure the worms would be the first thing he goes for 😂

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom