My baby Beardie tore her tank up!

SPandS

Juvie Member
I would also suggest taking the plants out. Since they are plastic if she decides to swallow a leaf it could cause a blockage.

That bulb is what many call a coil even though it's technically not coil shaped. The 10.0 on the box is the strength of the bulb but not the wattage. I believe those bulbs come in either 13w or 26w. The 13 is very very weak and should never be used on a dragon. The 26w I have heard can be used but has to be under the screen since the screen blocks the uvb.

I see you have an analog thermometer on the back, do you also happen to have a digital with a probe to get correct basking temps?

SPandS

Juvie Member
What about the uvb? Do you know what wattage it is? Remember the 10.0 is the strength but not the watt. She really needs some sort of uvb or she will become I'll and get MBD. You also really need to know the correct basking temps otherwise she could be overheating or not getting warm enough to properly digest her food. Both of those things are not good for her health.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
So when I talked to Tracie, she said that the temp. Gun is pretty accurate and it's at 80 for the cool area and the basking area is 95 and the watt is 13w for the long tube and the other one is a 75w. My talk was about tank update and care to see if my beardie our beardie is getting enough and of the lighting is good and so on. Tracie said that everything was good but now I'm not quite sure. I listened to Tracie and when I did listen to Tracie, Hazel was happy. But when Hazel_my_babybeardie10 took out her leaves, she kinda changed. I already had a conversation about everything but idk why Hazel_my_babybeardie10 said something about the leaves when really, I already talked to someone ๐Ÿ˜• I am not trying to be rude and all, but I'm just kinda frustrated about this when I talked to someone that I could trust cuz she solved many problems ๐Ÿ˜• Sorry guys. I just had to say something.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
I trying not to be rude but it's just frustrating when you already talked to someone about that problem and you tell you sibling and then they go and say something that is the SAME thing what you already talked about and you get different answers ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I trying not to be rude but it's just frustrating when you already talked to someone about that problem and you tell you sibling and then they go and say something that is the SAME thing what you already talked about and you get different answers ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
Please get a long tube fixture a Zoo med 24" w/ a reptisun 10.0 bulb this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb more for aquarium use but can be used as a back up or get a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb- the 13 watt is no good and will cause all kinds of health issues- when you get the new uvb please post back on here we can help you get it set up - distance and placement will depend on the screen

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure if my dad will buy it and ther s no way he'll say yes even if I pay for it๐Ÿ˜• I will try though๐Ÿ˜•

SPandS

Juvie Member
The pic you showed of your uvb bulb is not a long tube so if you had told someone you were using a long tube they were misinformed and wasn't trying to cause any harm. You really do need to convince your dad that you need a new stronger uvb bulb or your dragon will start to suffer. In the mean time if it's warm enough where you are and you're able to bring the dragon out safely I would try doing that as real sun is the best for them.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Yes. Where I am at I am starting to bring her out almost everyday because of how warm it is right now. I will bring her out after school.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris ๐Ÿ’”
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me ๐Ÿ˜ข
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom