My baby Beardie tore her tank up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Hi guys, Hazel has torn off her leaves off of everything and put them in a pile. She is only 5 months and she couldn't be nesting. This has never happened before and I am a bit worried about her. This is a picture. She just got done drinking water

Attachments

• IMG_20220322_171404790.jpg
    IMG_20220322_171404790.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 156

Hazel_My_Baby_Beardie13

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I went to put the leaves back in place and she sqwealed at me. I didn't do anything to hurt her but us there anything I could do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There is another light but idk what it is
Please look on the bulb itself it will tell you the brand and wattage -- if it's a coil which I am thinking it is you will need to replace it - there is only one coil that is ok and that is iffy- that's the reptisun 26 watt - please look

Hazel_My_Baby_Beardie13

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Please look on the bulb itself it will tell you the brand and wattage -- if it's a coil which I am thinking it is you will need to replace it - there is only one coil that is ok and that is iffy- that's the reptisun 26 watt - please look
I looked and it is iffy 26 watt.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
So the basking light is a 75 w and it not a coil. The other one a long tube and it is 10 w

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So the basking light is a 75 w and it not a coil. The other one a long tube and it is 10 w
Ok so the long tube is a ? Brand and bulb ? I would get rid of the 26 watt and let me know the long tube is- his old is the long tube uvb and where do you have it in the tank? Look on the bulb itself it will tell you brand and bulb look for a T 5 or T 8 please

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Sorry if the picture is a little blurry if it but here are her lights. Her light is set up right on her log to bask on

Attachments

• IMG_20220323_132251288.jpg
    IMG_20220323_132251288.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 101

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The brand is Zoomed
Please shut the coil off- this is a good reason for the behavior- coils are inadequate for uvb and will cause all kinds of health issues- please tell me the long tube fixture or am I getting confused and you just have the coil- ? I will or can post good uvb's you need - if you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom