My baby beardie doesn’t move around much in her enclosure

Fae237

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bug
Update on the lighting please
I’m still fighting my parents rn to get me to the shop..my mom said Friday but I’m trying to get her to take me tomorrow as I won’t have exams. My parents are very narrow minded and basically told me his lighting is fine which I denied so we are still trying to get there. I’m hoping for tomorrow as I’m getting more stressed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m still fighting my parents rn to get me to the shop..my mom said Friday but I’m trying to get her to take me tomorrow as I won’t have exams. My parents are very narrow minded and basically told me his lighting is fine which I denied so we are still trying to get there. I’m hoping for tomorrow as I’m getting more stressed
It is imperative that he gets this --- I would of ordered it on line - you may not be able to find what your looking for - a lot of pet stores dont carry what you need -- if you want links let me know I will post them for you ---- Pet Smart has been carrying the 24 watt Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb --- Most pet stores only carry the T 8's -- they are not as strong as the T 5's and require them to be inside the tank ---

Fae237

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bug
It is imperative that he gets this --- I would of ordered it on line - you may not be able to find what your looking for - a lot of pet stores dont carry what you need -- if you want links let me know I will post them for you ---- Pet Smart has been carrying the 24 watt Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb --- Most pet stores only carry the T 8's -- they are not as strong as the T 5's and require them to be inside the tank ---
We have found one exactly like the one that petsmart has! I’m trying my hardest to get there as fast as possible also, my beardie has now decided he wants nothing to do with crickets and only want mealworms do you have any advice on what I should do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
We have found one exactly like the one that petsmart has! I’m trying my hardest to get there as fast as possible also, my beardie has now decided he wants nothing to do with crickets and only want mealworms do you have any advice on what I should do?
No meal worms if hes a baby -- they are too harsh on the stomachs and can cause impaction --- please start feeding him dubia roaches they are a much better feeder and less hassle and are not escape artist like crickets -- get a 10 gallon aquarium feed them dubia food and dubia dew -- also feed them what you feed the dragon w/ the exception of carrots -- do not feed both too much Vit A-- one or the other --- I would look into setting this up right away do not rely on the pet stores for staple feeders --- winter is tough and we had some real issues a few years ago w/ people relying on pet stores and not getting feeders for their dragons- www.dubiaroaches.com they will close up for like 2 weeks around Christmas time --- you can keep like 2-300 roaches in a 10 gallon tank -- if you need any more help please let me know --- also nutri grubs are a great staple feeder but are small so you would need a lot to feed they are a great compliment to roaches tho

Fae237

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bug
No meal worms if hes a baby -- they are too harsh on the stomachs and can cause impaction --- please start feeding him dubia roaches they are a much better feeder and less hassle and are not escape artist like crickets -- get a 10 gallon aquarium feed them dubia food and dubia dew -- also feed them what you feed the dragon w/ the exception of carrots -- do not feed both too much Vit A-- one or the other --- I would look into setting this up right away do not rely on the pet stores for staple feeders --- winter is tough and we had some real issues a few years ago w/ people relying on pet stores and not getting feeders for their dragons- www.dubiaroaches.com they will close up for like 2 weeks around Christmas time --- you can keep like 2-300 roaches in a 10 gallon tank -- if you need any more help please let me know --- also nutri grubs are a great staple feeder but are small so you would need a lot to feed they are a great compliment to roaches tho
Yes after I did my research (the day I got him) I found out they were bad! So I did stop feeding him the mealworms and then moved to crickets. I only gave him mealworms when he refused his crickets and now we won’t eat his crickets at all! I was trying to avoid dubias because of my phobia of roaches. If I do switch to them, for the tub should there he holes in the lid?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes after I did my research (the day I got him) I found out they were bad! So I did stop feeding him the mealworms and then moved to crickets. I only gave him mealworms when he refused his crickets and now we won’t eat his crickets at all! I was trying to avoid dubias because of my phobia of roaches. If I do switch to them, for the tub should there he holes in the lid?
You can get a screen for the top for a 10 gallon tank - the roaches wont be able to get out they cant climb glass --if you use a plastic tub w/ a lid then yes put holes in the top of it -- if hes not eating at all now my guess the NO UVB is in play here -- he needs that UVB or he will stop eating --- he has no way to absorb the calcium hes ingesting --- that is why I said its imperative that you get this --- so we dont know for sure if hes actually not liking the crickets any more or having no UVB or both --- its hard to say ---

Fae237

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bug
Alri
You can get a screen for the top for a 10 gallon tank - the roaches wont be able to get out they cant climb glass --if you use a plastic tub w/ a lid then yes put holes in the top of it -- if hes not eating at all now my guess the NO UVB is in play here -- he needs that UVB or he will stop eating --- he has no way to absorb the calcium hes ingesting --- that is why I said its imperative that you get this --- so we dont know for sure if hes actually not liking the crickets any more or having no UVB or both --- its hard to say ---
Alright! I will keep you updated on everything! We would only be able to afford a plastic container! I did just offer him crickets and refused them. I’m not gonna offer the mealworms

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Alri

Alright! I will keep you updated on everything! We would only be able to afford a plastic container! I did just offer him crickets and refused them. I’m not gonna offer the mealworms
You can find 10 gallon aquariums on FB marketplace for $5-10 --

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom