My 8 month old hasnt eaten in 4 days

colbertf

Beardie name(s)
ROWAN (Gaelic for Little Red Guy)
Hi @Tonilee . How has your boy been doing? How long after was it before he started eating again? I'm having a similar issue, my guy is almost 8 months also.

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Hey he is alot better now he eats everyday not much my 6 or 7 large roaches but he is nearly 11 months old now. They go though this alot with not eating everyday you just need to keep offering food and they will take it when they want to. Very stubborn ans very independent wee things lol. So just keep trying to feed yours and am sure she will eat soon. I used to get so worried that my ragnar wasn't eating enough but he is already 438g when he should only be between 280g and 400g so he is deffo still growning. When they get to 8 month they will only eat what they need :) just keep giving her greens everyday as well. Hope I have helped you stop worrying bur if your anything like me everything about your wee beardy will worrie you lol. I have attached a wee picture so you can see my boy 😍 would love to see yours x

Attachments

• 20220426_204552.jpg
    20220426_204552.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220425_192305.jpg
    20220425_192305.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220425_192246.jpg
    20220425_192246.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 86

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
Wow, he looks very good, did he have a good shed? They can also slow down to rest & recuperate
after a growth phase for a short period, too. He is just about an adult, but he will continue to fill out
into his second year.
Keep us posted on him!:)

Tracie

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Hello

It was only his tail that had a shed that last time so am sure his body one is coming soon. I think he is deffo going to be a big boy :) looking at putting him in a bigger viv now as I feel his normal sized viv is abit small for him :( maybe it's not just me thinking he needs more space :) I will keep you updated with pictures ect.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look like he is going to be sizable! You never know how big they will be but it's a good
sign that his growth is steady. He is very handsome! Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

colbertf

Beardie name(s)
Hey he is alot better now he eats everyday not much my 6 or 7 large roaches but he is nearly 11 months old now. They go though this alot with not eating everyday you just need to keep offering food and they will take it when they want to. Very stubborn ans very independent wee things lol. So just keep trying to feed yours and am sure she will eat soon. I used to get so worried that my ragnar wasn't eating enough but he is already 438g when he should only be between 280g and 400g so he is deffo still growning. When they get to 8 month they will only eat what they need :) just keep giving her greens everyday as well. Hope I have helped you stop worrying bur if your anything like me everything about your wee beardy will worrie you lol. I have attached a wee picture so you can see my boy 😍 would love to see yours x
Hey, your boy looks great, beautiful colouring, he looks really strong, healthy and alert. Good job.
Your message is a little reassuring to me, thank you, then that my guy may eat. I just got done treating for upper respiratory infection (daily berating session twice a day, injections, and syringe feeding because he was not eating), I'm trying to cut down and get off the syringe feeding, I want him to eat on his own, but my guy will go down to his salad bowl, eat one or two leaf's of baby arugula and go back to his basking. I offer greens every morning, and refresh the greens new in the afternoon. He doesn't eat much at all. You asked to see him, his name is ROWAN (Gaelic for Little Red One)

Attachments

• 20220428_081815.jpg
    20220428_081815.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220429_143019.jpg
    20220429_143019.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 75

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Thank you :) he will start eating again don't worrie too much I know it's hard but just keep doing what your doing and am sure he will eat again. I was the very same with ragnar but he just eats what he wants to and all he thinks he needs that's all. We used to tong feed him but he stopped eating off them. We got him roaches and that actives his hunting skills so he cheases them down now. Maybe try and just put his bugs in if he doesn't eat them remember and take them out again. Your boy looks great as well :) keep me updated on him 😀 x

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
This is my boy the night been sleeping on me for about 3 hours lol 😆

Attachments

• 20220430_222438.jpg
    20220430_222438.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220430_222510.jpg
    20220430_222510.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 74

colbertf

Beardie name(s)
Thank you :) he will start eating again don't worrie too much I know it's hard but just keep doing what your doing and am sure he will eat again. I was the very same with ragnar but he just eats what he wants to and all he thinks he needs that's all. We used to tong feed him but he stopped eating off them. We got him roaches and that actives his hunting skills so he cheases them down now. Maybe try and just put his bugs in if he doesn't eat them remember and take them out again. Your boy looks great as well :) keep me updated on him 😀 x
Thank you @Tonilee , I really hope so. Can I ask, what is the most Ragnar will eat during the day veg wise, and what's the least when he does eat minimum? I ask as my guy will go down to the veg bowl, take a single arugula leaf, and go back to basking spot, I've seen other times where he goes to eat, misses the leaf and then give sup and back to basking, I'm going to stop the syringe feeding, its been hard to stop, another question, how long have you gone with Ragnar where he does not eat and then will start eating again?

Oh he looks a dote, I've had my guy start to go to sleep on me but I always put him straight into his enclosure to sleep, I was afraid that if he did fall asleep on me that I would wake him up and disturb him trying to put him back, I've never let it get to that. haha thats nice to see that he laid and slept for 3 hours lol

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Thank you @Tonilee , I really hope so. Can I ask, what is the most Ragnar will eat during the day veg wise, and what's the least when he does eat minimum? I ask as my guy will go down to the veg bowl, take a single arugula leaf, and go back to basking spot, I've seen other times where he goes to eat, misses the leaf and then give sup and back to basking, I'm going to stop the syringe feeding, its been hard to stop, another question, how long have you gone with Ragnar where he does not eat and then will start eating again?

Oh he looks a dote, I've had my guy start to go to sleep on me but I always put him straight into his enclosure to sleep, I was afraid that if he did fall asleep on me that I would wake him up and disturb him trying to put him back, I've never let it get to that. haha thats nice to see that he laid and slept for 3 hours lol
Hello

There will be days when he eats alot of his greens but most days he will only eat a little bit I think he has eating his whole bowl maybe twice since we got him. He will only eat a few bits of it now and leaves the rest. Maybe only 4 or five bits. He loves is peppered rocket leaves and his watercress :) he will not eat any fruit at all tried loads of diffrent things but nothing lol. Ragnar has gone nearly 5 days without eating anything they will not starve they will eat when they want to selfish buggers making us mums/dads worrie all the time lol. Ragnar also loves to be our walking about or sitting on his big log at the window then comes down when he is too cold so I cuddle him in within 5 mins he is out for the count and he will just sleep on me till I put him back in his viv. I always make sure he goes but in so he can do his normal morning routine. Ragnar will only eat 5/6 bugs a day and some of his greens that is all. X

colbertf

Beardie name(s)
Hello

There will be days when he eats alot of his greens but most days he will only eat a little bit I think he has eating his whole bowl maybe twice since we got him. He will only eat a few bits of it now and leaves the rest. Maybe only 4 or five bits. He loves is peppered rocket leaves and his watercress :) he will not eat any fruit at all tried loads of diffrent things but nothing lol. Ragnar has gone nearly 5 days without eating anything they will not starve they will eat when they want to selfish buggers making us mums/dads worrie all the time lol. Ragnar also loves to be our walking about or sitting on his big log at the window then comes down when he is too cold so I cuddle him in within 5 mins he is out for the count and he will just sleep on me till I put him back in his viv. I always make sure he goes but in so he can do his normal morning routine. Ragnar will only eat 5/6 bugs a day and some of his greens that is all. X
@Tonilee - That is really good to hear that your buy is staying healthy even with some days not eating much at all, yeah my boy sometimes only eats 2 to 4 baby arugula leaf's which is called rocket where you are :) , I have not tried watercress, I will have to get some and try that, sounds like my boy is similar, he has no interest in fruit either . Rowan loves baby arugula (rocket) and is eating some parsley now also . Had an incident yesterday where it looked like he was chocking after eating a piece of rocket or parsley, he was gasping on and off for a few hours, the vet was already closed, it looks like something just went down the wrong way, he's bene good today and actually has eaten a few more pieces. but it was a little scary seeing him gasp and what looked like cough. My guy is ADV+ so its hard to not worry when he snot eating, I've started supplements to help with that, hoping he can stay healthy. Thanks for your feedback, knowing your guy is doing good, and he looks great, even knowing on some days he doesn't eat much. Thank you.

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
@Tonilee - That is really good to hear that your buy is staying healthy even with some days not eating much at all, yeah my boy sometimes only eats 2 to 4 baby arugula leaf's which is called rocket where you are :) , I have not tried watercress, I will have to get some and try that, sounds like my boy is similar, he has no interest in fruit either . Rowan loves baby arugula (rocket) and is eating some parsley now also . Had an incident yesterday where it looked like he was chocking after eating a piece of rocket or parsley, he was gasping on and off for a few hours, the vet was already closed, it looks like something just went down the wrong way, he's bene good today and actually has eaten a few more pieces. but it was a little scary seeing him gasp and what looked like cough. My guy is ADV+ so its hard to not worry when he snot eating, I've started supplements to help with that, hoping he can stay healthy. Thanks for your feedback, knowing your guy is doing good, and he looks great, even knowing on some days he doesn't eat much. Thank you.
Hey
I live in Fife Scotland. What about you? Yeah ragnar loves rocket too well he used to anyways not really eating that anymore lol. He had 7 large rochies yesterday which is alot for him lol didn't eat much greens yesterday but some which I also dust in calcium so he is still getting that :) aww does he am not really sure WHAT ADV is will need to google that lol. Is he okay now? Am sure he will stay healthy just keep offering him the greens and bugs he will eat when he feels like it wee buggers that they are sometimes lol. Will attach a pic of him sleeping on me last night he sleeps in very weird places lol. No problem anytime :)

Attachments

• 20220503_201742.jpg
    20220503_201742.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 69

colbertf

Beardie name(s)
Hey
I live in Fife Scotland. What about you? Yeah ragnar loves rocket too well he used to anyways not really eating that anymore lol. He had 7 large rochies yesterday which is alot for him lol didn't eat much greens yesterday but some which I also dust in calcium so he is still getting that :) aww does he am not really sure WHAT ADV is will need to google that lol. Is he okay now? Am sure he will stay healthy just keep offering him the greens and bugs he will eat when he feels like it wee buggers that they are sometimes lol. Will attach a pic of him sleeping on me last night he sleeps in very weird places lol. No problem anytime :)
Haha yes they always fall asleep in unusual places or positions, its funny, sometimes I almost want to fix them haha. Fife Scotland, that's cool, I bet you are waiting for the summer months ahead to get him outside on those warm days. ADV is Adenovirus, its not curable and some beardies just carry it and live long healthy lives, others get affected by the virus, its not curable unfortunately, I took my guy to the vet again Friday, he went a good number of days without eating when I left it, so we are back in the syringe feeding, his blood values are showing anemic and some other concerning numbers, not sure if its the adenovirus causing the issues or something else, hoping the next blood result numbers show better numbers.

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Yeah me too but if its not comfy for them they would move lol. We are deffo waiting for the nicer weather to see if he would even like it out side. Just now he sits on his big log looking out the window but sometimes something scares him and he jumps off which scares me more incase he hurts himself :( aww that's really sad I hope your little guy is going to be OK?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom