My 5 month old bearded dragon is scared of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3nchy

Hi, I have a 5 month old bearded dragon named Venti.
I got her 6 1/2 weeks ago.
When I got her, I had to put her enclosure on the ground because the cabinet was on order.
She slowly allowed me to caress her head, neck and back.
This went on for 4 weeks.
But saying this, I HAVE NEVER PICKED HER UP.
Then a week ago, I received the cabinet.
After putting the cabinet under her enclosure, Venti will not allow me to caress or even get close to her.
She either puffs up or runs away.
What can I do, to not make her scared of me?
PLEASE I NEED HELP

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is normal behavior --- keep working w/ her like you were w/ your hand in the tank - try hand feeding her some worms like BSFL they are a great staple feeder - shes probably going thru a relocation stress since you moved the tank which is normal too --- take a piece of clothing or fleece blanket and put it in her hide w/ your smell on it so she gets used to it - she will associate it w/ you when your hand is in the tank- its going to take time and patience but she will come around - approach her w/ your hand to her side not from above they have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom