My 2year old beardie has weird new brown spots! help.

pimpcess

hello! my recently just turned 2 beardie has weird new brown spots on her tummy. not too sure what this is. noticed yesterday ( 10/31) am prepared to take her to vet! please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 119

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
thank you so much! i’ve had plenty of beardies die on me for years and she’s the one that lasted the longest, i take her health very serious. i just needed something to calm my worries
Make sure she has correct uvb- no coils - good surface basking temps-- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i have a basking light, but the uv bulbs i always get with coils please elaborate
You want a long tube fixture like a 24 watt Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a 24"zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a sun blaster nano tech -- I can post links for you in the morning if you like -- coils are in adequate and are no good - they cause too many health issues-

pimpcess

Original Poster
You want a long tube fixture like a 24 watt Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a 24"zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a sun blaster nano tech -- I can post links for you in the morning if you like -- coils are in adequate and are no good - they cause too many health issues-
yes please i use the regular dome lamps and i have three, i have a basking and a uvb with coils that stay on during the day then a blue night lamp for the night time

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes please i use the regular dome lamps and i have three, i have a basking and a uvb with coils that stay on during the day then a blue night lamp for the night time
Please no colored bulbs ---- they can damage eyes --- do not use it--
24" Zoo Med fixture for a 40 + gallon tank this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for back up you want this bulb 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
and this place is out of the 24" you can use the 30" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
or this one check Pet Smart if you have one or try ordering it on line - you want the 12% bulb
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun 22" bulb 10.0 T 5 or use the Arcadia 12% bulb as well
when you get the fixture please post back on here so I can help you place it for your tank - your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go

pimpcess

Original Poster
Please no colored bulbs ---- they can damage eyes --- do not use it--
24" Zoo Med fixture for a 40 + gallon tank this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for back up you want this bulb 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
and this place is out of the 24" you can use the 30" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
or this one check Pet Smart if you have one or try ordering it on line - you want the 12% bulb
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun 22" bulb 10.0 T 5 or use the Arcadia 12% bulb as well
when you get the fixture please post back on here so I can help you place it for your tank - your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go
thank you so much!! can you recommend a night light?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
thank you so much!! can you recommend a night light?
No night light --- if your tank is between 65-75 at night hes good- dragons need cool and dark for a good nights rest -- if you need heat at night because the tank is getting too cold below 65 then you would need a ceramic heat emitter -- or a CHE you will need a dome fixture and for a 40 gallon tank I would say a 60 watt or so - these produce heat NO light --- try the 60 if you need it and see what kind of temps your getting over night -- 65-75 ambient temp --

pimpcess

Original Poster
No night light --- if your tank is between 65-75 at night hes good- dragons need cool and dark for a good nights rest -- if you need heat at night because the tank is getting too cold below 65 then you would need a ceramic heat emitter -- or a CHE you will need a dome fixture and for a 40 gallon tank I would say a 60 watt or so - these produce heat NO light --- try the 60 if you need it and see what kind of temps your getting over night -- 65-75 ambient temp --
do you have a link for that? thank you so much this is so helpful

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
do you have a link for that? thank you so much this is so helpful
I would try and get one in store so if the 60 watt is not high enough you can take it back and exchange the bulb for a 100 watt --- keep your receipt so you dont have issues --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What type of flooring is she on ? Although this is most likely nothing to be worried about you can be proactive and get some Lamisil antifungal cream to put on for a while.

pimpcess

Original Poster
What type of flooring is she on ? Although this is most likely nothing to be worried about you can be proactive and get some Lamisil antifungal cream to put on for a while.
i have a carpet desert one, i will be buying a new one though

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom