Mushuis getting a new house...pics enclosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Here is the start of Mushus new enclosure...hubby has been a good sport and is building it for me and Mushu. The pics are before grout and after, sorry I didnt get any bfore we added the slate. since we dont have a tile saw we did it as a mosaic so we could save costs. Tell me what you think.
Before grout
dragons001.jpg

After grout
dragons023.jpg

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, waiting on the grout to dy now, and we are going to be doing built in ledges so he can climb around and still have his floor space. Hoping a larger enclosure and warmer temps overall will help bring his appetite back up.

kalipbean

Hatchling Member
Looks great, just make sure to let the grout cure for about 2-3 days before sealing it. Nice job

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WE live in a really damp area so it looks like the grout is just starting to cue well, its been 5 days. Today we are building his basking levels and looking for his track and glass doors. I will probably be another week before he can move in.

BTW does anyone know if the grout and stone sealer they sell at lowes for counters is durable enoough for our dragons? Hoping to ot have to use mod podge as it makes the surface so shiny and slick.

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
i know nothing about that sealer, but for what its worth, i use polycrylic satin. it holds up great and leaves minimal shine.

kalipbean

Hatchling Member
I've used the grout sealer from lowes/home depot with good luck. You can get the mod podge in a matte finish so its not glossy, they sell both gloss & matte. The mod podge is a lil easier for cleaning.

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ince I used slate and a lot of grout, will the mod podge make it too hard for him to get traction? I was worried it would make it slick like a glass surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom