Mushu Gaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencerdragon1213

My bearded dragon Mushu had a respiratory infection in August of this year. After the vet put him on an oral medication, he hasn't had any problems until recently. Since the humidity here is around 35-40%, I am surprised that Mushu is sometimes gaping outside of his enclosure. Could it be the heat? What are your thoughts?

Btw: Mushu is very healthy. He poops regularly, eats almost every day, and is pretty active. Obviously, he is a little sluggish with it being the brumation season, but that's the only change in behavior I have seen.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've seen them gape when they aren't basking sometimes. I wouldn't consider that a problem in itself. If you see other symptoms like increased mucous buildup around the nose/mouth, weight loss, or lethargic behavior, then that may indicate an underlying issue. Since he's active and eating then my guess is that he's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom