Muscle twitching?

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Left my beardie with my parents for a month. When I got back, she's personally looking pretty unhealthy and disheveled. It's hard for me to explain, but she has an anxious look in her eyes and she's lost weight. Her skin is wrinkly and saggy now. I have no idea what happened, they're still feeding her regularly. Mostly spring mix and bok choy, dusted with calcium every day. 5 live crickets every couple days. Lighting is the same, hot side 37C and cool side 26C. Arcadia 12% over mesh, 10 inches away from basking spot. I can tell she's unhappy, unhealthy and anxious.

What's most concerning is that I've seen her chest and stomach twitch when she's standing upright. It's shaking like a leaf, like a muscle would after a hard workout. I'm worried this is MBD.

Could there be another explanation? Since the summer she has eggs in her belly. The vet told us to just let her absorb them. She had eggs a year ago too, which the vet told us she fully absorbed. Could the shaking be because the new eggs are taking up too much calcium? Interested in hearing what everyone has to say about this. And next steps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
Left my beardie with my parents for a month. When I got back, she's personally looking pretty unhealthy and disheveled. It's hard for me to explain, but she has an anxious look in her eyes and she's lost weight. Her skin is wrinkly and saggy now. I have no idea what happened, they're still feeding her regularly. Mostly spring mix and bok choy, dusted with calcium every day. 5 live crickets every couple days. Lighting is the same, hot side 37C and cool side 26C. Arcadia 12% over mesh, 10 inches away from basking spot. I can tell she's unhappy, unhealthy and anxious.

What's most concerning is that I've seen her chest and stomach twitch when she's standing upright. It's shaking like a leaf, like a muscle would after a hard workout. I'm worried this is MBD.

Could there be another explanation? Since the summer she has eggs in her belly. The vet told us to just let her absorb them. She had eggs a year ago too, which the vet told us she fully absorbed. Could the shaking be because the new eggs are taking up too much calcium? Interested in hearing what everyone has to say about this. And next steps.
Need to flag to AHBD and Tracie
they can help you better than I
@AHBD
@Drache613

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

possible brumation
oh yeah also hes massive now and he broke his hammock
Can beardies eat Mustard Greens? Hope so I bought some along with some Cilantro. Needed to try something different. He won't eat his broccoli or cauliflower he used it eat it. So I thought I'd give it a try.
HELP what's happening with my beardie!!he has a lifted up scale and it has shedding in a circle around it I noticed it for the first time yesterday and I have no idea what it is and when I shine a flashlight on him it's yellow around the scale what do I doooo
substrate looks scrumptious
My female bearded dragon has recently started gasping for air all the time. She can’t get sleep or really do anything because she has such a difficult time breathing. I think it might be a RI but I’m not completely sure. Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theboiy
Top Bottom