Mouth rot????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my female I'm syringe feeding her and I'm hoping its just left over food but she has some kinda discolored scales around her bottom jaw and under her lip I bathe her every other day but she never dunks her head (my male loves swimming) as much moisture she has around her head is me dripping water on her nose so she can get a drink during her bath I wanna try to wipe it off but I dont wanna hurt her or damage her scales is there a way I can use likr a microfiber cloth or something soft and try rubbing it off

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hey guys my female I'm syringe feeding her and I'm hoping its just left over food but she has some kinda discolored scales around her bottom jaw and under her lip I bathe her every other day but she never dunks her head (my male loves swimming) as much moisture she has around her head is me dripping water on her nose so she can get a drink during her bath I wanna try to wipe it off but I dont wanna hurt her or damage her scales is there a way I can use likr a microfiber cloth or something soft and try rubbing it off
can you send a picture of where you see the mouth rot?

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
also your not going to damage her scales by wiping something off you can just fold up a paper towel get it a little wet and try smudging it off

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
also your not going to damage her scales by wiping something off you can just fold up a paper towel get it a little wet and try smudging it off
It wasn't mouth rot I ended taking her to the vet it was dry food I eventually got it off had to smudge it off with a paper towel as you said just didn't wanna hurt her that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom