Mouth Rot & Early stages of URI

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
How has her breathing been through this and what signs of mouth rot do you see ? Can you take a few pics of her mouth ? That large cocktail of meds. would knock out most beardie's appetite, especially sulfa drugs. Metacam can do that as well and should only be used if extreme pain is involved which probably was not with the diagnosis you gave. Has she lost weight ? Her appetite should come back after being off the meds. for a while though.

Breathing is back to normal, Thank Goodness. I do not have pictures of her mouth. She is a FIESTY little thing when I try and mess with her mouth haha. Tracie suggested honey and I will keep trying but she just doesn't want anything right now :(

I did just follow the vets suggestions, I would have skipped meds if it didnt do anything good. live and learn I suppose.

I will need to weigh her today, she didnt in the middle of treatment but may have now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Feisty is a good word in the big scheme of things . :) Hopefully she's going to progress and start eating soon. If she hasn't lost weight, that's a really good sign !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going? That is great she is doing better right now. They are definitely stubborn when
it comes to foods, etc. They are crazy sometimes, but it is hard to force them to do anything. Glad to
hear her breathing has gotten back to normal now, bless her. :)

Tracie

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
Feisty is a good word in the big scheme of things . :) Hopefully she's going to progress and start eating soon. If she hasn't lost weight, that's a really good sign !
Haha this is true! She ate some more this morning! Phew!! She still wont touch her veggies or certain bugs, stinker!

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
Hello,

How are things going? That is great she is doing better right now. They are definitely stubborn when
it comes to foods, etc. They are crazy sometimes, but it is hard to force them to do anything. Glad to
hear her breathing has gotten back to normal now, bless her. :)

Tracie
Finally ate something this morning, No veggies of course. Man alive, I cant believe how stubbron they can get. And those spikes make it SO hard to hold on to them and make em do anything.

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
So her appetite is still hit in miss bad. Some days she eats, others she doesn't.
She poos about every other day because of not eating and its pure diarrhea. Ive been giving her the repti dopholis every day, do i step it up to 2x day? I also started the reptiaid again.
Im getting concerned she may have worms or maybe this is normal? Would those meds have knocked out worms or increased the chance of her having them?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The meds. wouldn't increase the chance of Moolan having parasites, the liquid poo is sometimes a side effect of an all liquid diet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It definitely takes some time for them to get back to normal after medication rounds.
What other foods are you giving along with the Reptophilus? Is she eating any solid foods
yet, at all?

Tracie

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
Hello,

It definitely takes some time for them to get back to normal after medication rounds.
What other foods are you giving along with the Reptophilus? Is she eating any solid foods
yet, at all?

Tracie
Okay, she will eat crickets and superworms. Crickets are the only thing but she really is excited about but still doesnt eat like she used to. She isnt as active either.
She is shedding her legs, just her legs, I dont know if maybe that makes her not want to eat. Thats not normal though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Shedding can affect their appetite & behavior, some more than others.
She is eating crickets on her own, a few times per week?
Keep trying to get her appetite to pick up, use bee pollen, or probiotics to
help out.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
Hello,

help out.

Tracie

I just weighed her and she’s 297 grams. That’s up from 243 grams a month ago. Despite her not eating any greens & very little bugs. She will eat supers & probably a ton if I fed them but that always worries me. Should I feed her a bunch of those if that’s all she will eat?

She only ate a couple crickets today. Won’t touch anything else.

So do I feed as many supers as she wants? And try the other bugs ? I have tried many different toppers for salad and she won’t even go look at. She at least used to cruise around her enclosure. But not now.

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
Hello,

help out.

Tracie
Poop warning!

She just pooped after not going for several days. I’m thinking this might be blood. Ugh. So should I save this and send it in to get tested? Or could this be because it’s been so long since she’s pooped?

Attachments

• 344A00DE-5026-4FF6-BC34-34AB2AA12B8D.jpeg
    344A00DE-5026-4FF6-BC34-34AB2AA12B8D.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 66

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look that bad to me. The urate is a bit discolored, but that isn't unusual. The poop is somewhat well formed. Looks like some excess hydration passing through which I take as a good sign (vs dehydration). It looks like some partially digested superworm visible. That could be from her system not digesting everything properly yet, or maybe she just ate a bit too quickly which happens sometimes with treats.

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
That doesn't look that bad to me. The urate is a bit discolored, but that isn't unusual. The poop is somewhat well formed. Looks like some excess hydration passing through which I take as a good sign (vs dehydration). It looks like some partially digested superworm visible. That could be from her system not digesting everything properly yet, or maybe she just ate a bit too quickly which happens sometimes with treats.
Okay. Phew. Her poo is far better formed than a week ago. It was completely watery mess before, so maybe the probiotics and time is helping it get back to normal. I just panicked from the discoloration.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom