Mouth Infection

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My dragon is having mouth infection

We have visited vet last Wed, vet prescribed:

1. antibiotics med
2. anti-inflammation med
3. mouth wash (something like listerine dilute with water)

Already on med for 6 days, tmr will be 7th and the maximum vet advice to take

For mouth wash, we did it for 5 days, but I'm very worried if we did it right because everyday after wash he will show movement like hiccup and swallow, beard and tail dark to the max. There's one day I heard sound like hissing but I'm not sure.

I'm very worried did he swallow the mouth wash solution, so we stopped today

But his mouth is still look very bad, so we had no choice but to apply betadine on the affected area, and diluted betadine on the rest of the gums

His mouth keep having a lot of saliva (not sure saliva or mucus). I think so long his mouth not dry the infection is not cleared

So my question is except the medication and betadine, is there anything else I can do to improve the situation?

Is there method can teach me to clear his saliva? I keep feeling it is the issue that stopping the improvement

We plan to bring him back to vet on coming Wed

Attachments

• IMG_20230522_081700.jpg
    IMG_20230522_081700.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20230522_081549.jpg
    IMG_20230522_081549.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230522_081540.jpg
    IMG_20230522_081540.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragon is having mouth infection

We have visited vet last Wed, vet prescribed:

1. antibiotics med
2. anti-inflammation med
3. mouth wash (something like listerine dilute with water)

Already on med for 6 days, tmr will be 7th and the maximum vet advice to take

For mouth wash, we did it for 5 days, but I'm very worried if we did it right because everyday after wash he will show movement like hiccup and swallow, beard and tail dark to the max. There's one day I heard sound like hissing but I'm not sure.

I'm very worried did he swallow the mouth wash solution, so we stopped today

But his mouth is still look very bad, so we had no choice but to apply betadine on the affected area, and diluted betadine on the rest of the gums

His mouth keep having a lot of saliva (not sure saliva or mucus). I think so long his mouth not dry the infection is not cleared

So my question is except the medication and betadine, is there anything else I can do to improve the situation?

Is there method can teach me to clear his saliva? I keep feeling it is the issue that stopping the improvement

We plan to bring him back to vet on coming Wed
We need Tracie to take a look - see if some others can possibly help
@AHBD
@Drache613
@CooperDragon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I see some excess saliva but no infection. What did you think was infected ? A gum infection would show red, irritated gums of cheesy build up on the teeth.
Excess saliva can be present at times in any animal at times, especially after eating , drinking or being given meds.

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, I mean the white part here, are they normal or something like mouth ulcer? Has been 2 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG-20230607-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20230607-WA0018.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-20230607-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20230607-WA0019.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom