beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hey all,

Sorry about the downtime this morning. I realized that processor time was being used up heavily, only to discover that yet another annoying person (or company) was loading all the forum posts at a very fast pace. They were not following proper "bot" guidelines and not following the "bot" allowances I set. As such, they sucked up all our processing allowance from Amazon (Web Services). I had to shutdown for a brief time (30 min) to save up some CPU credits so things can run smoothly again.

Unlike the last time we got slammed like this, where it came from many different IP addresses, this one came all from one IP address. They actually slammed us a couple days ago, but then stopped. This time, they finished off the CPU credits.

Anyway... I've blocked the IP at the firewall, and hopefully like will go back to normal.

And for those who are happening to read this, I'll leave a little teaser... I've been working on a a MASSIVE upgrade to our forums and the site as a whole. I know many don't care for change, but we'll be changing to entirely new software. It has sooooo many more features, including many to help protect us from misbehaving bots and spam. It will probably still be a good month our before I'm ready to switch things over, but I'm quite excited.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
beardie":ax5eguez said:
I've been working on a a MASSIVE upgrade to our forums and the site as a whole. I know many don't care for change, but we'll be changing to entirely new software. It has sooooo many more features, including many to help protect us from misbehaving bots and spam. It will probably still be a good month our before I'm ready to switch things over, but I'm quite excited.

:study: :laughing6:

-Brandon

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom