More pics of my new BRB girl.... lots

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh good god no!
They are a slender boa, so they never get the hefty weight of a lot of pythons & boas. They top out btwn 5-7 ft, so not all that long either.

I'm planning on getting her an adult cage of 4x2x2 and that's fairly roomy for BRBs. I will always easily be able to pick up my snake all by my onesy. :D

I haven't seen an adult in person, but I sorta get the feeling they get about as thick as a soda can, maybe a little bigger.

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Mira's first shed, with you, went smoothly i trust
.. and just because you can't capture her brilliance on camera definately doesn't mean you should give up trying :D

does she pounce and constrict her food alot more than your corns?
you got tagged yet? are you still using gloves to pick her out? i think i saw bare hands in a pic somewhere.

did you ever manage to get that flexwatt stuff working for you?

ps. wiggles got a full page in calendar B wooooooooo :blob5: :blob8: , (Gemma does a happy dance)

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
WOooo! Go Wiggles!

Her shed went beautifully! In fact, it was so humid in there that the shed was too sticky/wet to keep!

I'm not sure, she's a kinda shy eater. The first time I fed her, I gave her a live hopper. And tried to watch. No luck. So I turn out the light and sit down. In a couple seconds I hear a high pitch squeal and a thud as she flung herself into the opposite side of her enclosure. I think she's only assertive when she needs to be though.

I got a recommendation from the BRB people to warm F/T miceys before feeding cause I was switching her from live. So I was goofing off and thought "wouldn't that be a nice surprise for Ella & Salvador? To get a heated mousey!" And let me tell you, I got some serious constriction action out of them after that one! Salvador practically shot the mouse out of his coil he was going so tight!

Nah, no gloves, no biting. This snake is not even remotely head shy. I don't know why I ever used gloves. Mental thing. She's sweet as pie.

No, the flexwatt remains a mystery. Honestly, I had a spare UTH and just started using that. I need to muck with the flexwatt again...

What pic of wiggles is gonna be in the calendar?

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
we had a number of special photo shoots as i realised that if i used any old pictures they wouldn't be canidates for a full page as they weren't quite big enough/high enough quality
Wiggles didn't seem very impressed by the whole process and therefore didn't show his best colours and was about to shed parts of his head but i got creative and the pic was one of the results here's the calendar page
2009CalB-02.jpg

Nick got me the flowers in the background for our anniversary, it was good timing as never really have flowers around otherwise and Wiggles really didn't seem to like being outside much

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
by creative - i mean its not altered at all the process just involved creative thinking on my part, much arranging of backgrounds messing with lights and lots of trying to get Wiggles to stay still and not run round the room like he wanted too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom