More General Baby Dragon Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's me back to pepper you with more random questions:
1) What wattage CHE do I need for a 120-gallon enclosure (2 by 2 by 4)?
2) Do I mount A CHE on top or in an enclosure with a mesh top or in it?
3) Any tips on mounting the lighting on a zen habitats enclosure? (This is the enclosure I am getting and the one referenced in the previous 2 questions).
4) When picking a baby beardie how big should it be, what are some red flags, what age (1-4 months), and what should I look for.
5) I've seen things about getting new beardies needing to get a check-up at the vet, and yearly checkups. Are they really necessary? If so how much would it cost?
6) Do I need a divider with the previously stated enclosure for a baby or not?

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It's me back to pepper you with more random questions:
1) What wattage CHE do I need for a 120-gallon enclosure (2 by 2 by 4)?
2) Do I mount A CHE on top or in an enclosure with a mesh top or in it?
3) Any tips on mounting the lighting on a zen habitats enclosure? (This is the enclosure I am getting and the one referenced in the previous 2 questions).
4) When picking a baby beardie how big should it be, what are some red flags, what age (1-4 months), and what should I look for.
5) I've seen things about getting new beardies needing to get a check-up at the vet, and yearly checkups. Are they really necessary? If so how much would it cost?
6) Do I need a divider with the previously stated enclosure for a baby or not?
Some recommend a smaller tank for a baby - I would maybe cut the tank in half he will not fully use that tank space till he is older and its going to make him getting his insects easier - I use a CHE on my tank only in the winter and its a 100 watt placed in the center of the tank on top of the screen your UVB will need to go inside the tank but all of my basking bulbs sit on top of the screen I have some stuff for mounting the UVB inside the tank I use the metal bars running on the screen down the middle - vet checks are not recommended when first getting the dragon as it causes more stress and there is no way to tell you how much its going to cost reptile vets charge different amounts depending on where you live yearly check ups are good - they should have a fecal done 2 times a year - but they should not haft to have that done till they are older it usually depends on signs of parasites if they are exhibiting behavior
as far as the dragon you want him active and alert - I didnt get my 2 until they were around 2 months old -

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 83

Yourfriendlyperson

Original Poster
Some recommend a smaller tank for a baby - I would maybe cut the tank in half he will not fully use that tank space till he is older and its going to make him getting his insects easier - I use a CHE on my tank only in the winter and its a 100 watt placed in the center of the tank on top of the screen your UVB will need to go inside the tank but all of my basking bulbs sit on top of the screen I have some stuff for mounting the UVB inside the tank I use the metal bars running on the screen down the middle - vet checks are not recommended when first getting the dragon as it causes more stress and there is no way to tell you how much its going to cost reptile vets charge different amounts depending on where you live yearly check ups are good - they should have a fecal done 2 times a year - but they should not haft to have that done till they are older it usually depends on signs of parasites if they are exhibiting behavior
as far as the dragon you want him active and alert - I didnt get my 2 until they were around 2 months old -
Thank you very much - for this and all the help and support you've given me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom