Mold.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I've got a bunch of roaches separated in containers in a China cabinet of sorts and each container has just a piece of carrot for food and I went to get one and it's super wet inside the container and the eggshell is molded.? It's not sitting somewhere it can get moisture or anything so I guess it's from the carrot but if I feed these roaches to the lizards, can the mold hurt them.? I mean, would the slightly molded eggshell contaminate the roaches and then the lizards.?

Attachments

• 1677353591081788089392983350480.jpg
    1677353591081788089392983350480.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 1677353601961885258749315803669.jpg
    1677353601961885258749315803669.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 16773536133625566518244524993380.jpg
    16773536133625566518244524993380.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 43

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I've got a bunch of roaches separated in containers in a China cabinet of sorts and each container has just a piece of carrot for food and I went to get one and it's super wet inside the container and the eggshell is molded.? It's not sitting somewhere it can get moisture or anything so I guess it's from the carrot but if I feed these roaches to the lizards, can the mold hurt them.? I mean, would the slightly molded eggshell contaminate the roaches and then the lizards.?
Please get a 10 gallon aquarium and put them in that w/ clean egg crates - if your going to feed carrots do not feed the dragon carrots too much Vit A and place the carrots on a paper towel on the floor of the tank --- feed them oranges -- raw shredded sweet potato and other things that the dragon eats - I would order some dubia food and dubia dew / crystals for hydration and feed them at night -- you will need a small cup / bowls for the roaches --

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Please get a 10 gallon aquarium and put them in that w/ clean egg crates - if your going to feed carrots do not feed the dragon carrots too much Vit A and place the carrots on a paper towel on the floor of the tank --- feed them oranges -- raw shredded sweet potato and other things that the dragon eats - I would order some dubia food and dubia dew / crystals for hydration and feed them at night -- you will need a small cup / bowls for the roaches --
We have a colony but these are feeder roaches we got from the dubia website. We have some
We've got a colony in a large storage tote type thing. These bugs were feeders we got from dubia. They send them all packed in one container (or loose in a bag, which drives me insane) and I knew they'd trample each other so I seperated them into different bug containers with some dubia food and a piece of carrot for each. I figured carrot was okay, since they can eat carrot. But if I give the bugs carrots, I don't put carrots on their salads, if that makes any sense. We give nectarines (Maybe just regular oranges, I can't remember) to the colony because it encourages breeding but not to the feeders.

Will the mold hurt the bugs/lizards.? The bugs themselves dont have mold but the eggshells and even one container had full on fuzzy mold. I put the contaminated bugs in a clean container with fresh eggshell carton and am keeping them separate to make sure they aren't accidentally eaten and can keep an eye on them. I just wanted to make sure it won't hurt them if I feed them to Nova and Toothless. Each cup probably has a solid 30 medium dubias in it and Nova eats about an entire cup a day and the containers that had mold had a ton of roaches in them and I'd hate to have to toss them. Did the moisture come from the carrot, maybe.? These are the cups I'm using for the roaches, various sizes and they do have airholes.

Attachments

• 16773843919044279184248588253522.jpg
    16773843919044279184248588253522.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 37

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We have a colony but these are feeder roaches we got from the dubia website. We have some

We've got a colony in a large storage tote type thing. These bugs were feeders we got from dubia. They send them all packed in one container (or loose in a bag, which drives me insane) and I knew they'd trample each other so I seperated them into different bug containers with some dubia food and a piece of carrot for each. I figured carrot was okay, since they can eat carrot. But if I give the bugs carrots, I don't put carrots on their salads, if that makes any sense. We give nectarines (Maybe just regular oranges, I can't remember) to the colony because it encourages breeding but not to the feeders.

Will the mold hurt the bugs/lizards.? The bugs themselves dont have mold but the eggshells and even one container had full on fuzzy mold. I put the contaminated bugs in a clean container with fresh eggshell carton and am keeping them separate to make sure they aren't accidentally eaten and can keep an eye on them. I just wanted to make sure it won't hurt them if I feed them to Nova and Toothless. Each cup probably has a solid 30 medium dubias in it and Nova eats about an entire cup a day and the containers that had mold had a ton of roaches in them and I'd hate to have to toss them. Did the moisture come from the carrot, maybe.? These are the cups I'm using for the roaches, various sizes and they do have airholes.
I don't know- I have never had a issue w/ mold- only thing I have had are fruit flys- they are annoying - but once I clean the fruit out they disappear -

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom