Modge podge.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
We have a nice piece of drift wood that Toothless really likes climbing on. Only problem is, if crickets get loose, they go up in it and it's a pain. So the boyfriend thinks we can seal it with modgepodge spray, wait for it to dry, then stick it back in and let him go back to climbing. Is that okay.? I mean, even dry, it won't hurt him.? If it matters, he licks /everything/.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It would be easier just to get a big clear tote and feed him in that, it will make it much easier to round up the crickets he doesn't eat. Just get something tall enough the crickets can't jump out of.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I can't answer your question about the modge podge, i don't know if it's toxic or not.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It would be easier just to get a big clear tote and feed him in that, it will make it much easier to round up the crickets he doesn't eat. Just get something tall enough the crickets can't jump out of.
Well, we tried that and he just sits there in fear. He refuses to move when we put him in a container and when he does calm down, he just stares at the crickets and will even let them crawl on them. Like he doesn't care or something.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
1. Heat the drift to kill any crickets. 2. Eliminate the crickets, feed Dubia roaches.
He goes through these eating phases where he'll eat close to 50 roaches a day, if I feed just them. The gutloaded crickets fill him up more than most things we've tried. He really isn't interested in any veggies/fruits aside from kale and will sometimes eat some carrots shavings if I put calcium powder on them so we keep the crickets for sake of variety

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
I used mod podge to seal his background poster, but never used it to seal drift wood. Can you post a pic of the drift wood? If crickets can get inside it I don't know if mod podge is enough to seal those gaps.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom