Mixing critical care herbivore/carnivore

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys only thing i can find is for everything but beardies my question is how much carnivore and critical care herbivore to mix with baby food? For instance both packs come with a scooper I use 1 scoop of both with butter nut squash baby food and it made a paste like texture so i added water and it was better than paste but im lost on how many times how much and then adding my beardies weight ect ect tried looking online but not much for bearded dragons

Any help or advice would be appreciated

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know that there is an exact amount or proper ratio the way there would be for medicine. I haven't mixed the carnivore care with baby food (I've offered them separately), but when I used to mix the carnivore care, I'd add a little more water than the instructions stated so it would pass through a syringe more easily (just as you mentioned). Then I'd just offer little bits at a time, several times per day and letting them have as much as they wanted (or I could keep their attention for).

I'd imagine it's similar when mixed with baby food. Maybe mix the carnivore care separately until you have a consistency you want, then mix it with the baby food (keeping a consistency that is easy for you to administer). As long as you're getting your dragon to eat at least some of it, that should be good.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2dpgrh0f said:
I don't know that there is an exact amount or proper ratio the way there would be for medicine. I haven't mixed the carnivore care with baby food (I've offered them separately), but when I used to mix the carnivore care, I'd add a little more water than the instructions stated so it would pass through a syringe more easily (just as you mentioned). Then I'd just offer little bits at a time, several times per day and letting them have as much as they wanted (or I could keep their attention for).

I'd imagine it's similar when mixed with baby food. Maybe mix the carnivore care separately until you have a consistency you want, then mix it with the baby food (keeping a consistency that is easy for you to administer). As long as you're getting your dragon to eat at least some of it, that should be good.
I kinda gave up on the baby food I couldnt get the right consistency with it so I been doing 1 scoop carnivore and critical care in till I get the consistency for the syringe I been a bigger syringe with a small point and she is much more active after a bath and I do it every other day and thats when I been giving it to her not everyday think its a bit stressful after I give it to her but I may give it to her on those bath days throughout the day as I mentioned I just want her to pack on the pounds shes 508Grams if that helps the ratio of how much to use

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think the amount used comes down to how much she'll eat. Given that, at 508g she is probably at a pretty healthy weight for an adult. I would aim to maintain that, but not increase it much unless she is really looking thin or frail.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":is0ozsr7 said:
I think the amount used comes down to how much she'll eat. Given that, at 508g she is probably at a pretty healthy weight for an adult. I would aim to maintain that, but not increase it much unless she is really looking thin or frail.
Shes at the point where she just sleeps all day very little energy and the vet said I probably have to syringe feed her for now wish she would eat solids or something 508G is still thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom