Missing scale, possible mouth injury

Thehorde91

Original Poster
I noticed my beardie with missing scale on her head and a dark area on her bottom lip. Could it be a result of shedding? An injury somehow?

Attachments

• 20230106_154805.jpg
    20230106_154805.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230106_154857.jpg
    20230106_154857.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 51

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is she glass surfing or is there something in her habitat that she rubs against? Both look like injury from rubbing to me.

Thehorde91

Original Poster
Is she glass surfing or is there something in her habitat that she rubs against? Both look like injury from rubbing to me.
Well she has been shedding, and there is wood in her enclosure. A manzanita branch I sanded smooth, and a mopani stump. Theres a flat peice of rock. She does run fast when I feed her though maybe scratched herself or maybe glass surfing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can definitely get a bit overzealous when they shed! Perhaps she did just rub her mouth/snout
on something. You can just use some raw honey on the area to help it heal up a little more quickly.

Tracie

Thehorde91

Original Poster
Yes! Whatever was on her mouth has disappeared! As to the cut on her head I believe it was from her food dish, a plastic "no escape" feeder dish. I have since removed that until I can get her an appropriate dish that dubia/superworms cant crawl out of.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom