Missing My Sweet Boy Smaug

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my sweet boy Smaug a couple days ago to a cancer called Chondrosarcoma (a bone cancer) He had a swollen finger amputated on February 4th, and this is what the biopsy results came back as. I was stroking his back on Thursday and noticed that he had a giant hard lump where his elbow hits his side. It was not there last month when x-rays were done. It ended up being the same cancer. It was coming from a rib. It grew really fast, and was the size of a grape. They could have done more surgery to remove it, put we decided to let him go because it would have been really hard on him, and there was a good chance another one might have grown somewhere else. He wasn't eating very well, and he was hardly moving around. I sure will miss my sweet boy. He brought me much comfort as I am living with my own bone cancer called Multiple Myeloma.
0D69F318-5A38-4DD9-B438-A779220B8393.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I lost my sweet boy Smaug a couple days ago to a cancer called Chondrosarcoma (a bone cancer) He had a swollen finger amputated on February 4th, and this is what the biopsy results came back as. I was stroking his back on Thursday and noticed that he had a giant hard lump where his elbow hits his side. It was not there last month when x-rays were done. It ended up being the same cancer. It was coming from a rib. It grew really fast, and was the size of a grape. They could have done more surgery to remove it, put we decided to let him go because it would have been really hard on him, and there was a good chance another one might have grown somewhere else. He wasn't eating very well, and he was hardly moving around. I sure will miss my sweet boy. He brought me much comfort as I am living with my own bone cancer called Multiple Myeloma. View attachment 68978
I am sorry to hear I hope your feeling ok and it is so hard to loose them - but I am sure you can relate I feel terrible and wish luck - :(

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you Karrie. I am doing well and have been in remission for over a year. Smauggie was such a big part of my day. He was a great snuggler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom