Missing her food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeste

Hi all
I need help with Levi! She is about 1 year old and used to be very healthy, but she stopped eating :( and is losing weight.
I had her to the vet 3 times in 1 month, we had her treated for parasites, double checked her cage setup lighting and temperature with the vet and replaced UV light. But now im starting to think i know what the problem is. She keeps missing her food, eventually she gives up and doesnt eat. Is this common among bearded dragons? i just watched her 'aim' for her food and try to eat 6 times in a row, missing every time, giving up and eventually leaving.
The vet cant find anything wrong, so there must be another reason for this?
Please help, ive run out of options, and want her to be a healthy happy dragon again!

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm depending on what your feeding her maybe you can slow the prey down so she has an easier time? When my baby was sick he couldn't catch crickets, I started taking off the back legs and viola he was able to catch them. Hopefully this helps..

Kalyn

Celeste

Original Poster
well, ive been doing that since she was a baby, i even snap of the heads sometimes so they just lie there squirming (gross i know :puke: ). But she cant even eat her veggies! she misses them as well! I give her fresh food twice a day, but she hasn't been able to eat any of it for 4 days now, and the vet cant find a problem. so im thinking maybe its her eyes??

my1stBD

Juvie Member
It sounds like it could be a vitamin B deficiency
Symptoms include.........
Blindness
Drunken stance
Bad aim when hunting/eating
Lethargy
and weight loss

You have mentioned at least 3 of the symptoms. Try adding some brewers yeast (Just a pinch) over her veggies or on a feeder while handfeeding for the time being , you should see an improvement within a few days if it is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom