Minimum age to sell babies

Jes

Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
I was just at a big box pet store and was looking at the bearded dragons for sale. They looked so so small, about 3-3 1/2 " long. I asked an associate how old they were and she said they looked like hatchling but didn't know age for sure. I know dogs and cats should be 8 weeks old before rehoming and was wondering if beardies would be similar to that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was just at a big box pet store and was looking at the bearded dragons for sale. They looked so so small, about 3-3 1/2 " long. I asked an associate how old they were and she said they looked like hatchling but didn't know age for sure. I know dogs and cats should be 8 weeks old before rehoming and was wondering if beardies would be similar to that.
@AHBD

Beardie name(s)
Pumpkin(f), Spice(m)
I don't know about specific age/size but I would guess it is safe to sell when they can safely hunt/eat and bask. Typically I see this around a month old.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
More important is size and activity level. At 1 month old some healthy, well bred babies can be over 6" long whereas some 2-3 month olds may be smaller, not too healthy, slow growers in sub par conditions . So you look for size, best if they're at least 6-7" and active .

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
agreed, a huge issue i see with the really small beardies is trying to get feeders small enough for them, most people new to them don't understand what they need and will try to feed them food that is to big.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom