Milo

myl15

Beardie name(s)
Milo
Hi everyone, this is Milo. My wife and I just purchased him from our local PetSmart. We are doing our best to give him a loving home :)

I am curious if anyone knows what his coloration/morph actually is. PetSmart labeled him as a "Red Morph", but I haven't found any conclusive evidence of what he will look like as an adult online. We would also love some tips on what kind of decor we could add to his tank!

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 4EE529DB-1C58-47AE-86BA-B01CD9643C54.jpg
    4EE529DB-1C58-47AE-86BA-B01CD9643C54.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 95

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Awww he’s a cutie. Not sure on morphs but if he allows I would take him out and look him over well. Look for things like damage to his tail, mouth, etc. Not trying to scare you but recently there have been a few owners on here that purchased from them that either noticed issues after purchasing one or they developed issues. Some issues included tail rot, gout, mbd and the most severe case it passed after 2 days of the owner purchasing it. Even if you don’t find any now still keep watch out so that you can catch any issues early..

myl15

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
Awww he’s a cutie. Not sure on morphs but if he allows I would take him out and look him over well. Look for things like damage to his tail, mouth, etc. Not trying to scare you but recently there have been a few owners on here that purchased from them that either noticed issues after purchasing one or they developed issues. Some issues included tail rot, gout, mbd and the most severe case it passed after 2 days of the owner purchasing it. Even if you don’t find any now still keep watch out so that you can catch any issues early..
Thanks! We might have to wait a day or two, he is skittish and still seems to be adjusting. He has been eating and pooping though.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone, this is Milo. My wife and I just purchased him from our local PetSmart. We are doing our best to give him a loving home :)

I am curious if anyone knows what his coloration/morph actually is. PetSmart labeled him as a "Red Morph", but I haven't found any conclusive evidence of what he will look like as an adult online. We would also love some tips on what kind of decor we could add to his tank!

Thanks everyone!
He is so cute! I am going to suggest 2 digital probe thermometers - you want accurate surface basking temps-- also your screen is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? This is going to determine where the uvb needs to be and distanced for a T 5 or T 8 - ease tell what bulb your using-These things I am asking are crucial to his overall health and behavior - as far as decor think big- I don't most if mine at pet smart --
As far as morph I am not real savy in that area but there are a few on here that can help there--
@Claudiusx
@CooperDragon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please look at the care guided found on this sight. If you dobt get your setup in order asap your going to be in for disappointment and vet bills. It is critical to get their heat, light, and supplements correct from the beginning. Its not hard but it IS critical. Any thing they told you at petsmart forget it asap and listen to the folks here.you have a choice to make. You can have a long rewarding experience with your beardie or you can have a sad vet filled experience. Im not trying to scare you (or anyone) away from beardies just trying to impress on you how important it is. Google metabolic bone disease and look at tbe pictures. Dont be guilty of doning that.
I know this was a long and gloom and doom post, i really hope you have a great experience with your new dragon. They are wonderful pets. But you have got to get off to the right start

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
The only way to verify if it is infact a red is to wait and see. Reds with get more and more red as they grow. I'd honestly never trust commerical pets stores with morphs, they often will do this with normal dragons that appear to be more vibrant then rest labeling them fancy or morphs when they are just standard beardies. Hopefully they didn't charge way more on the grounds of red morph.

Last edited:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom