Milky white substance poop?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Chubbs has pooped like this only twice since she has woken up began eating and basking should I be concerned?

Attachments

• IMG_20230321_180231.jpg
    IMG_20230321_180231.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 94

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
My Chubbs has pooped like this only twice since she has woken up began eating and basking should I be concerned?
Chalky white poop usually means that a beardie is dehydrated. String-like saliva, in chalky white poop, is a symptom of mild dehydration. Mild dehydration is super easy to fix. You should place him in a short 15-minute bath. Hope this helps!

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Chalky white poop usually means that a beardie is dehydrated. String-like saliva, in chalky white poop, is a symptom of mild dehydration. Mild dehydration is super easy to fix. You should place him in a short 15-minute bath. Hope this helps!
I give her baths almost 3 times a week and she drinks the water a lot when bathing.

Wonder why she is dehydrated? Could she be under her heat lamp too much?

She generally poops and it's moist most of the time I'll give her a bath again

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
I give her baths almost 3 times a week and she drinks the water a lot when bathing.

Wonder why she is dehydrated? Could she be under her heat lamp too much?

She generally poops and it's moist most of the time I'll give her a bath again
Maybe she is hydrated but it is something else. Do you mist her once a day?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i don't think dehydration is the issue with that much liquid present. careful with too many baths. it's not good for their scales and doesn't provide hydration if they are not drinking from it, which it sounds like chubbs is doing. the whole soaking up water through the skin or vent is a myth. she's been brumating until recently correct? it could be she just isn't eating much yet so there isn't much to come back out.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i don't think dehydration is the issue with that much liquid present. careful with too many baths. it's not good for their scales and doesn't provide hydration if they are not drinking from it, which it sounds like chubbs is doing. the whole soaking up water through the skin or vent is a myth. she's been brumating until recently correct? it could be she just isn't eating much yet so there isn't much to come back out.
Ya she has just been going 1-2 times a day sometimes it's this color and then she will do this and then also poop normal.

She (Chubbs) pooped 2 times yesterday and once was a little watery then the other was a solid normal poop. I had a fecal sample for both my beardies just in case it's parasite related.

Amber poops fine she did have a watery poop a week ago but has pooped moist and slightly watery ever since which is normal since she had greens

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Maybe she is hydrated but it is something else. Do you mist her once a day?
I don't mist her she gets her water from greens when she isn't picky but mostly when I bathe her.

Hoping this is a fluke maybe she could be constipated since she has snacked on super worms? I know I also haven't gotten her up to speed with feeding since she has been brumating and I didn't wanna overload her belly with tons of bugs right away

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you suspect she's constipated you can always try a little non spiced canned pumpkin or baby food like sweet potato or squash.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If you suspect she's constipated you can always try a little non spiced canned pumpkin or baby food like sweet potato or squash.
Could be I know I got the labs back for both my beardies and they are parasite free so that's not the cause of this substance

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom