Mild diarrhea, no vets open

dandelion

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jasper
The last two times Jasper has had a bowel movement, it has been watery, almost like mucous. It also had a tiny bit of undigested food, what looked like a couple slivers of bell pepper skin and superworm shell/exoskeleton. I tried to get a picture, but it was while he was out of his tank sitting on a dark towel, and the only thing that was visible was the urate.
Other than that, he seems to be acting normally, a little grumpy but I assumed that was because his head is shedding at first. He still has an appetite, even eating his greens, and has been very active whenever he’s been out the last couple days, climbing and jumping around.
I can’t find any vets within a 3 hour drive open besides an emergency room, but I can’t tell how urgent it is - I’ve had a lot going on personally this last week and my anxiety has been pretty awful.
Is this something that can wait a few days and monitor him, or more serious? What can I do in the meantime?

dandelion

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jasper
Hello,

That sounds good, he is hopefully feeling a lot better right now. At least he ate something
even if it wasn't much. Please keep us posted on him, & his progress.

Tracie
I’ve been meaning to update this for weeks now, but I had dental surgery and keep forgetting.

Jasper is doing pretty good, didn’t end up finding parasites. Hasn’t had any diarrhea for a couple weeks now, which is great. We got his diet switched up (cut out most fats and sugar to help with inflammation around his liver), and ever since he’s seemed upset? I’m not sure how to describe it. He’s eating and moving around, but he’s a bit more moody and a little less active, and when I have him out of his tank, it takes him a while to want to explore, he just hangs out by the window for a while.
I can imagine having a change like that is probably pretty hard to adjust to, but it’s been a bit of a challenge to make sure he’s happy and getting enough enrichment. We’re working on it though.
Finally got some warm sunny days though, so at the very least he got some time outside!

Attachments

• 5187781D-97EE-480D-9FF8-0421A33AB81C.jpeg
    5187781D-97EE-480D-9FF8-0421A33AB81C.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 47

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks like Jasper is doing well! That's great there weren't any parasites now. I'm glad
to hear he is eating right now & has been moving around some. They definitely can go through
phases but it sounds like he is improving. Hopefully he will enjoy the warmer days outside.
His fat pads look great!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom