Meet bob (shelter name, new name to be decided later)

Hi,
I just adopted a new bearded dragon that the shelter called bob but I want to give it a new name. The bearded dragon is full grown but I don't know how old he is. It had to be in the car for about in hour on the ride home. And than when we got sense we got home it has done some glass surfing, basking, and exploring. I tried to feed it a dubia Roche but it refuse to eat it although the shelter said it had some earlyer today.
But I am worried because it had vitamin diffencincy according to the shelter which causes it's head to shake sometimes and the tip of it's tail when we got it looked like it was falling off and just a few minutes ago it did fall off. plus it is a little bit overwhight. Any advice on careing for this bearded dragon or coming up with names for it?
Also is it ok for my cats to be siting next to the tank and watching the bearded dragon?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,
I just adopted a new bearded dragon that the shelter called bob but I want to give it a new name. The bearded dragon is full grown but I don't know how old he is. It had to be in the car for about in hour on the ride home. And than when we got sense we got home it has done some glass surfing, basking, and exploring. I tried to feed it a dubia Roche but it refuse to eat it although the shelter said it had some earlyer today.
But I am worried because it had vitamin diffencincy according to the shelter which causes it's head to shake sometimes and the tip of it's tail when we got it looked like it was falling off and just a few minutes ago it did fall off. plus it is a little bit overwhight. Any advice on careing for this bearded dragon or coming up with names for it?
Also is it ok for my cats to be siting next to the tank and watching the bearded dragon?
Not really on the cats - he's already stressed enough- please remove them- insufficient uvb and / or not enough calcium D 3 - please start dusting his insects w/ d 3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene - insects should be fed 2-3 times per week and fresh salads everyday collards turnips kale or mustard greens - most important is the uvb No coils they are inadequate you want a long tube fixture - I can post links for that and other things that are crucial to his overall health and behavior-- he will go thru relocation stress- so his eating will be off he quits eating all together there is a issue- he should have surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer-

Sunnythedragon

Original Poster
Ok thank you,
I just got something to dust the bugs with and will try feeding than again tomorrow with being dusted. I also have some greens in the tank and will replace them Tomorrow. Ill try to get a long tube for the uvb instead of the coil I have, is it ok for the terrarium hood that it plugs into to be older because a family member has one that they don't need anymore? But should I be worried about it's tail tip falling off and what could have caused this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thank you,
I just got something to dust the bugs with and will try feeding than again tomorrow with being dusted. I also have some greens in the tank and will replace them Tomorrow. Ill try to get a long tube for the uvb instead of the coil I have, is it ok for the terrarium hood that it plugs into to be older because a family member has one that they don't need anymore? But should I be worried about it's tail tip falling off and what could have caused this?
It's good it fell off- put some raw unpasteurized honey on the end till it scabs over- please no crickets in the tank they will go for the tail-- please don't leave greens in the tank over night put them in the tank in the morning - what brand is the uvb and how long?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The tremors i think are usually associated with mdb, and if thats the case adequate uvb and calcium are going to be imperative. Please get a long tube uvb asap and work with Karrieree to get the placement correct.

Sunnythedragon

Original Poster
Unfortunately I couldn't go to the family member this morning and the soonest I can go is on Monday but the bearded dragon did eat some greens and 2dubia Roches and I think it was yawning this morning and I gave it a bath last night. Will it be alright to wait till Monday or do I need to try and get it sooner?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Unfortunately I couldn't go to the family member this morning and the soonest I can go is on Monday but the bearded dragon did eat some greens and 2dubia Roches and I think it was yawning this morning and I gave it a bath last night. Will it be alright to wait till Monday or do I need to try and get it sooner?
He will be fine till Monday - he's eating will be off till he adjust to his tank and surroundings - as long as he's eating that's good- if you want take him outside for some good uvb-- have him sit on you for 15-30 minutes

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom