mealworms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahutch

Everything I have read on this site has said they have little nutritional value and to feed supers instead ( adult beardie ) .Does anyone know where this info. started from ? I guess what I am asking is , Is there a scientific test or something I can show my vet to verify this ? I went to a well known , highly recommended reptile/exotics vet and she said I should change out the supers I have been feeding for the more nutritional mealworms . I told her everything I have read on the internet has stated the opposite , but she stood firm . She even wrote in his post op instructions to feed dusted mealworms or crickets .

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
i know there is scientific proof that their hard chitin shell and little nutritional value is why people usually don't recommend them for beardies...

i'm just trying to think of where are the mark ups are... check mulberryfarms.com and maybe other superworm breeders as they may have a nutritional comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom