Meal plan

ashleypor

Original Poster
Hi, I got my bearded dragon about 5 months ago, he's 6 months old now. Lately, I've just been feeding him two hours after he wakes up about three super worms with the calcium powder, then around 4 i give him two superworms with some carrots, I've noticed he still stays hungry but I'm afraid of overfeeding him. I've fed him crickets before and he loves them, the only problem is my crickets always end up dying after a couple of days and I can't feed them to him anymore. I just need some help on planning out his meal plan since this is my first ever bearded dragon.

Jnylnd45

Beardie name(s)
Mocha
Hi, I got my bearded dragon about 5 months ago, he's 6 months old now. Lately, I've just been feeding him two hours after he wakes up about three super worms with the calcium powder, then around 4 i give him two superworms with some carrots, I've noticed he still stays hungry but I'm afraid of overfeeding him. I've fed him crickets before and he loves them, the only problem is my crickets always end up dying after a couple of days and I can't feed them to him anymore. I just need some help on planning out his meal plan since this is my first ever bearded dragon.
I found the most successful way to keeping my crickets alive and happy! First buy a Tupperware plastic bin that’s 56 Qt. and just leave the lid off. Buy everything on Amazon from Josh’s Frogs, best place I have ever found. I have 500 crickets right now. Easiest way to transport from box to container that I have found and I have went through a lot of trial and error! I will post pics to show you. If you have a beardie then you need to try and keep collards on hand. Great for crickets and for your beardie. Also fed Josh’s Frogs premium cricket cuisine and use the cricket quencher for water. I would give the super worm as a treat and wait for him to get a little older. Mine threw up a couple of times almost a whole super worm because it was too big. Collards are also great to feed everyday. Have a lot of calcium. I promise they will not jump out! They jump long not high😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 95

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Unless they are illegal where you are, dubias are better feeders than crickets in my opinion. They stay alive longer, more nutritious and don't smell nearly as bad. They also apparently taste less bitter than crickets so beardies usually prefer them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd ditch the Flukers Cricket gel .

You'll get better hydration of the crickets if you give them high calcium leafy greens and chunks of raw carrot.

I'd give your juvenile the following
a choice between
1/3 to medium (2/3 size) crickets or locusts or roaches ( similar sizes ) twice per day ( biggest meal in morning) or black soldier fly lavae (LARGE WHITE ones0
or silkworms ( 30mm long to bigger )

Reserve the supers for treats ( too much fat ).

Gut load the crickets with the same greens and veg you want the dragon to eat.

Add high calcium leafy greens and chopped / grated raw sweet potato and carrot.

Jnylnd45

Beardie name(s)
Mocha
I'd ditch the Flukers Cricket gel .

You'll get better hydration of the crickets if you give them high calcium leafy greens and chunks of raw carrot.

I'd give your juvenile the following
a choice between
1/3 to medium (2/3 size) crickets or locusts or roaches ( similar sizes ) twice per day ( biggest meal in morning) or black soldier fly lavae (LARGE WHITE ones0
or silkworms ( 30mm long to bigger )

Reserve the supers for treats ( too much fat ).

Gut load the crickets with the same greens and veg you want the dragon to eat.

Add high calcium leafy greens and chopped / grated raw sweet potato and carrot.
Thank you for input on fluker’s gel, I have tons of collards

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom