trix.andkaii

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Matrix
my newcome baby nearded dragin is doing great but ther's one thing that i am worried about.
My baby beardie aleays scratches her enclosure glass and stay staring me, she is always with stress lines too. Then i usually pick her up and make a beardie burrito and put on my lap. Dje fall asleep and there's no more stress lines. Im worried because she's a newcome she's with me like for almost a week! thats not a normal behavior for a newcome. Is that a bonding sign or there's something wrong with her enclosure?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my newcome baby nearded dragin is doing great but ther's one thing that i am worried about.
My baby beardie aleays scratches her enclosure glass and stay staring me, she is always with stress lines too. Then i usually pick her up and make a beardie burrito and put on my lap. Dje fall asleep and there's no more stress lines. Im worried because she's a newcome she's with me like for almost a week! thats not a normal behavior for a newcome. Is that a bonding sign or there's something wrong with her enclosure?
Possibly go over the UVB your using coil or long tube fixture? Surface basking temps and how are you getting them? They need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- 105-110-- we will start there - she is going thru relocation stress so her eating is going to be off - I would keep her in her tank for now and only handle her in the tank - the temps and UVB are going to help her acclimate to her tank and surroundings faster --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
temperature is always around 104-110f and uvb is working well too
If its a coil her behavior is going to change --
The best UVB bulbs for bearded dragons are Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 HO (high output) and Arcadia 12 % UVB T5 HO (high output). Reptisun 10.0 UVB T8 and Arcadia 12 % UVB T8 are also acceptable light bulbs. Be sure to mount T8 bulbs inside your beardie's terrarium. Screen-topped reptile tanks block out 30 % or more of UVB rays emitted by the bulb. Since the output produced by T8 bulbs is not nearly as strong as T5 bulbs, your beardie may receive insufficient UVB exposure
If you need help w/ links for this please ask

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom