Mating w blankie pics updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummblebee

Hatchling Member
Ok I got home to find Rock'O had eatin his greens Yippy this is a first since Ive had him hes about 1 yr but new to our family. He pooped and I let him out to run around while I cleaned the tank out.
He ran straight for my sons room found his blankie (Rocko's blankie was n my sons room) and bit at it tugged on it mounted it and rolled upside down closed his eyes I got some pics Ill post soon and then he got up a lil later I grabbed the blankie and there is what Im assuming is beardie Gizz :oops: Is this normal behavior is he going to be doing this alot how long does this last is he in heat Im new to beardies I do have a female dragon in a seperate tank. Is this increasing this behavior my female and her brother are only 8 months old
sleep005.jpg

Jess

Extreme Poster
I'm not sure whether I should be grossed out or laugh, LOL! :p He sounds just like my bunny before he got the snip-snip.

Bummblebee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol :mrgreen: U know I raised rabbits for a while and yes u are right it takes me back to my bunny raising days. I hope this behavior passes or Im gonna have to lock up some of my little ones stuffed animals :roll: lol

mellu

Juvie Member
Hhahahahah, Lagu loves his blankey but I hope he doesn't love it THAT much. I think it is time to separate your beardies as he WILL mate with your female even though she is his sister(if he hasn't already).

Bummblebee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL they are seperated however the lady who owned them before be kept them together the two babies torch and JuJu but they each have there own 55g now I just hope she is not pregnant I dont think so she is way to young I feel to carry eggs properly.

Gail

BD.org Addict
That is really funny but if it continues, try to discourage it. We had one member whos male rubbed his hemipens raw to the point it bleed. Dragons don't come into heat but spring is their normal breeding season and the males especially get worked up easy. Try to arrange the tanks so they can't see each other and keep them separate forever.
How long ago was it when they were housed together? You need to keep a really close eye on the girl just in case she does develop eggs and needs to lay. Even if they never mated, a female can still lay infertile eggs. Its believed being near a male will increase the chance of laying infertile eggs.

Bummblebee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My male Rock'O who is in the picture was never housed with my female.

My 8 month old female was housed with her brother who is of the same age as her I have never observed Torch (her brother) mating with anything though and seperated them as soon as I purchased them Is it possible they may have mated at age 8 months?

Gail

BD.org Addict
8 months is old enough to breed but if your younger male isn't showing any mating behaviors then you are probably in the clear. Some males don't discover their "manhood" until much older.

mellu

Juvie Member
It is possible, but unlikely. Just keep an eye on her, when she lays her first clutch check to see if they're fertile. I wouldn't be too worried though.

I'm sorry and I know this is serious but this thread is just too funny. The picture with all the little toy soldiers around, I don't know why but it's just comical.

Bummblebee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol u would have realy found the humor in it if u could have heard my initial comments.
I was like awww how cool hes playing w toys just like a dog he looks so cute hurry get the camera then I grabbed the blankie and was like O man grose! Then my 3 yr old was like what mommy whats wrong and I just looked at his dad like u can handle the explination to him lol. :mrgreen:

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Ha ha yeah prob not! I have a fixed female chihuahua and she loves the pad to her dog bed humps it like crazy! I took it away and my hubby response? " she's allowed to have a personal life too" yeah right what's next my pillow? Yuck

LOL that is soooo funny!
I have a female mini aussie that for some reason, will not let the boys breed her, I have tried 4 different studs with her and she tares them up ... she how ever humps the other female dogs!!!
Apparently she is a lesbian!
I guess at least he's humping the blanket and not your leg?

Jess

Extreme Poster
I've actually had my bunny hump my pillow. And my slippers. And my dog. And my head too once, when I was laying down on the floor with him. :(

I've been scarred for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom