Male vs female

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, they're way too small. For a male it might be possible but I doubt anyone would have tried. Just like a 12 year old boy or girl could physically reproduce but it would be unethical and bad in so many ways. But your male could and probably would attack her now based on your description of how he charged at her.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think 2 plus years old is where most females can start to reproduce, but like AHBD said size plays a factor.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Females can reproduce before a year old but it's not a great idea. It is size that is more important with a female though. An 18 " or longer female of good weight should not have much of a problem at all.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Females can reproduce before a year old but it's not a great idea. It is size that is more important with a female though. An 18 " or longer female of good weight should not have much of a problem at all.
I think 2 plus years old is where most females can start to reproduce, but like AHBD said size plays a factor.
That's everything that I had read and we weren't planning on breeding anytime soon. He definitely wants to get at her but he isn't puffing up or hissing or anything really aggressive, aside from the bobbing so it's hard to make heads or tails of his intentions. But we're Definitely keeping them apart.

Can I get your opinion, do her eyes look okay.? She's about 3 months, and weighs 105g and she's a 50% het/hypo red/orange tiger with blue bar, if that matters. But her eyes look... droopy.? She did come from Cali yesterday via plane so maybe she's just exhausted.?

Attachments

• 20221028_110403.jpg
    20221028_110403.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 71

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That's everything that I had read and we weren't planning on breeding anytime soon. He definitely wants to get at her but he isn't puffing up or hissing or anything really aggressive, aside from the bobbing so it's hard to make heads or tails of his intentions. But we're Definitely keeping them apart.

Can I get your opinion, do her eyes look okay.? She's about 3 months, and weighs 105g and she's a 50% het/hypo red/orange tiger with blue bar, if that matters. But her eyes look... droopy.? She did come from Cali yesterday via plane so maybe she's just exhausted.?
Did you offer her water? I would see if she will drink- eating will probably be off - but she should be eating something -- relocation stress --

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Did you offer her water? I would see if she will drink- eating will probably be off - but she should be eating something -- relocation stress --
She ate three or four super worms, but won't eat rhe ones in her bowl. (Her diet was superworms and dubias) and ate a good bit of salad. She has a bowl of water but hasn't drank any but she took a couple drinks in the bath last night. She seems okay, basking a lot and real calm when we have her out and not really streaked. I was just worried because our first lizards eyes looked the same and it turns out he was super sick.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Eyes look fine. She looks bigger than a 10" baby, do you have a full body pic ? Remember to let her keep calm and stay in her new tank rather than have her out since she needs to digest her food and settle in without stress.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Eyes look fine. She looks bigger than a 10" baby, do you have a full body pic ? Remember to let her keep calm and stay in her new tank rather than have her out since she needs to digest her food and settle in without stress.
Is that better.? I'm not sure on her length, she may be closer to 12", she just looks and feels so much smaller than our fat boy. He's gaining so quickly and is a garbage disposal when it comes to food.

Attachments

• 20221028_112221.jpg
    20221028_112221.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 58

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She is in shed to so probably not super happy atm. She is pretty though.
You can use an eyedropper to give her water, only 1 in like 4643246742289.3 dragons will drink standing water. Just drip it on her snout, but be sure to go at her pace, don't force it, they can get choked pretty easy.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She is in shed to so probably not super happy atm. She is pretty though.
You can use an eyedropper to give her water, only 1 in like 4643246742289.3 dragons will drink standing water. Just drip it on her snout, but be sure to go at her pace, don't force it, they can get choked pretty easy.
I was surprised she drank as much as she did during her first bath, she must of been thirty. She stuck her whole snout under the water for like 15 seconds. 😂

Is it normal for Toothless' spikes to feel... harder.? It seems like his whole body feels more firm, I guess.? He is also shedding and is a big boy. (a whopping 150g, 13 inches and 4 months) and his spikes used to be relatively soft but today, they've felt more... pokey.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yes, when they are excited, defensive, or angry they can harden their spikes, once he settles down they should be soft again.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yes, when they are excited, defensive, or angry they can harden their spikes, once he settles down they should be soft again.
That's wild, I didn't know that. I went to pick him up and it poked the crap outta me.😅

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom