Male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you guys tell me what you think the sex of my dragon is by the pictures I provide she used to look like a female to me hence the name pretty girl but now she looks like there might be lumps on the side I don't know if you can tell from these pictures but here you AR
110285-2915698700.jpg
110285-4407490986.jpg
110285-6487476230.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To me he looks male - I see two bumps but some others can way in on this too

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Looks like your little lass is actually a little lad. You’ve got a male there. :)

PrettyGirl

Original Poster
That's what it looks like to me too but just wanted some feedback on that because a couple months ago it looked female to me with a bump in the middle is it possible that it could have changed genders since I've heard that they can do that???
110285-9432559190.jpg

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think they can spontaneously change genders, no... but I agree with the others, looks like you've got a little boy on your hands!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
PrettyGirl":1o424azq said:
That's what it looks like to me too but just wanted some feedback on that because a couple months ago it looked female to me with a bump in the middle is it possible that it could have changed genders since I've heard that they can do that???
110285-9432559190.jpg
I think if anything, the most probable explanation would be that you didn’t check closely enough/it was too hard to see or tell at the time, or they didn’t fully develop yet because that can sometimes happen but it’s rare.

And no they can’t change genders after hatching. However if they’re in the egg, depending on the temperatures you can sort of control the outcome of most genders, sooo this article I found could probably explain the process I think you heard of better. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-15/temperature-affects-sex-determination-in-reptiles/8620310

In short though, they can’t change gender after hatching. And apparently with the egg gender switch thing, usually males can turn female in the egg but it’s rarely the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom