MagNaturals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zae

I keep seeing people using these new MagNaturals in their enclosures but only seeing them in glass vivs. Has anyone used these in a pvc enclosure? Will the magnets hold an adult in one? I'm thinking about getting a ledge and one of the large feeder dish ones. Would the feeder bowl it comes with hold largish (not adult) dubias?

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've used one of the leges before. It was on a glass enclosure, so I'm not sure how well it would work with PVC. The magets are quite strong though so it might be worth a try. I haven't used the bowls before, so I'm not sure about those.

Zae

Original Poster
Yeah, all I've seen so far is with glass tanks. I went ahead and ordered a large rock ledge. I will try it out, test it with something relative to a dragons weight and see what happens. I'll post an update whenever I get it and can test it!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope it works out well for you. If it comes to it, you might be able to use it without the magnets. The ledge I have can be turned flat side down so I wound up using it as a basking rock on the floor in the living room under a lamp rather than in the enclosure. The magnets are great for the fridge =).

Reactions: Zae

Zae

Original Poster
Ok so I got my rock ledge today. Good news, it does attach and hold on pvc sides. Slightly bad news, upon putting a small canister of flour on it, it does start sliding a bit.

I was looking at the back of it where the magnets are. Its just strong magnet discs with some flex seal over it. The ledge itself is just painted foam of some kind. I might get some extra magnets and flex seal and put a 3rd magnet on the back.

Overall, not bad. Maybe a dragon would weigh less than this flour and it won't sink?

Attachments

• 20211229_175310.jpg
    20211229_175310.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 107

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How much does the flour weigh? An adult dragon is usually in the 400-600g range somewhere depending on size. If needed you might be able to prop it on something or add an additional magnet as you mentioned. If you can get an old hard drive from a computer, they have pretty good magnets in them if you take them apart.

Zae

Original Poster
Around 2lbs of flour. So I would need something extra to help hold it up. But it would be fine for a baby or just to start.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I know this post is a few months old when I had my screen top enclosure I use double-sided Gorilla Glue tape to fasten my uv-b fixture on the inside of the screen it work phenomenally I had a hard time getting it off when we switched enclosures. That fixture weighed more than my dragon and she's not small think that would be perfect for your issue if you have not found a resolution yet very glad I saw this post because I was planning on buying one of these so now I know what I would need to do LOL

Zae

Original Poster
I know this post is a few months old when I had my screen top enclosure I use double-sided Gorilla Glue tape to fasten my uv-b fixture on the inside of the screen it work phenomenally I had a hard time getting it off when we switched enclosures. That fixture weighed more than my dragon and she's not small think that would be perfect for your issue if you have not found a resolution yet very glad I saw this post because I was planning on buying one of these so now I know what I would need to do LOL
I personally wouldn't use glue tape of any sort inside my enclosure. The fumes it can give odd is harmful to dragons

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
its not literal glue tape but ok. I never had any problems if you look at a lot of DIY projects people use Gorilla Glue for backdrops and things like that and let cure. You must have your situation figured out

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
This is correct for actual guerilla glue, the tape needs no curing though. I'm not in the business of giving people advice that would hurt their animals just to clarify

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309-100506~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-100506~2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom