Lump on my beardie’s foot and I need help!

Laniaxrod

Beardie name(s)
Luna
About two months ago my beardies nail got stuck in his hammock and slowly fell off, during that time i kept the area cleaned with betadine and put neo spirit on it until it cleared up. As of recently his foot has been looking swollen but this morning it looks like it doubled in size. I know he’s shedding on top of it but it didn’t look that bad. There are no reptile doctors near me and I’m not sure how much it will cost to get him treated. I really love luna and I don’t want him to lose his foot. Can some one give me some advice? No one else I know has a bearded dragon and Luna’s like my best friend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 113

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
About two months ago my beardies nail got stuck in his hammock and slowly fell off, during that time i kept the area cleaned with betadine and put neo spirit on it until it cleared up. As of recently his foot has been looking swollen but this morning it looks like it doubled in size. I know he’s shedding on top of it but it didn’t look that bad. There are no reptile doctors near me and I’m not sure how much it will cost to get him treated. I really love luna and I don’t want him to lose his foot. Can some one give me some advice? No one else I know has a bearded dragon and Luna’s like my best friend.
Are you leaving any crickets in the tank? That could be a bite that has gotten infected but I am not sure --- I am going to have AHBD take a look at it -- she can advise as to how to treat
@AHBD

Laniaxrod

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luna
Are you leaving any crickets in the tank? That could be a bite that has gotten infected but I am not sure --- I am going to have AHBD take a look at it -- she can advise as to how to treat
@AHBD
Thank you and no he hasn’t had any live crickets in a while (it’s hard to find some where I live because they’re always sold out) so he’s been eating the canned ones for the past few months now and thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you and no he hasn’t had any live crickets in a while (it’s hard to find some where I live because they’re always sold out) so he’s been eating the canned ones for the past few months now and thank you!
Please start ordering on line --- and I would get him switched over to dubias -- they are easier to care for and better nutritional wise --- here are a few websites for ordering
www.dubiaroaches.com set up a 10 gallon aquarium get dubia food w/ some dubia dew and feed them what you feed the dragon for salads -- no carrots to the dragon if your feeding to the roaches -
Nutrition Content ignore the kale info its outdated
www.symtonbsf.com
www.reptilianarts.com nice silk worms
Fluker Farms - Order Live Crickets, Mealworms, Superworms these people have really nice super worms they are large only - you will need containers w/ lids w/ holes to keep them in and meal worm food to feed - you can use carrots for hydration
look at the chart for size wise on the bugs - I would look at getting him some super worms and some horn worms - supers can be fed every couple of days 1-3 and horn worms are a hydrating worm and grow very fast so limit the amount you order -- those can be fed every day 1-2 --

Laniaxrod

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luna
Please start ordering on line --- and I would get him switched over to dubias -- they are easier to care for and better nutritional wise --- here are a few websites for ordering
www.dubiaroaches.com set up a 10 gallon aquarium get dubia food w/ some dubia dew and feed them what you feed the dragon for salads -- no carrots to the dragon if your feeding to the roaches -
Nutrition Content ignore the kale info its outdated
www.symtonbsf.com
www.reptilianarts.com nice silk worms
Fluker Farms - Order Live Crickets, Mealworms, Superworms these people have really nice super worms they are large only - you will need containers w/ lids w/ holes to keep them in and meal worm food to feed - you can use carrots for hydration
look at the chart for size wise on the bugs - I would look at getting him some super worms and some horn worms - supers can be fed every couple of days 1-3 and horn worms are a hydrating worm and grow very fast so limit the amount you order -- those can be fed every day 1-2 --
Thank you I’ll definitely get him some :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Luna, he might need antibiotics but you'd have to see a vet. Call around for any vet that might see him. They can weigh him and prescribe some according to weight even if they have never treated a beardie. Any exotics vet has seen some small animals like guinea pigs, baby rabbits, birds, etc.
Until you find a vet you can keep up with the Betadine soaks using 1 part Betadine to 10 parts water.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Actually being that you said it's shedding, that might cause it to look more swollen than it is. It would still be good to search for a vet but it doesn't look like so serious that he will lose his foot.

Laniaxrod

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luna
Poor Luna, he might need antibiotics but you'd have to see a vet. Call around for any vet that might see him. They can weigh him and prescribe some according to weight even if they have never treated a beardie. Any exotics vet has seen some small animals like guinea pigs, baby rabbits, birds, etc.
Until you find a vet you can keep up with the Betadine soaks using 1 part Betadine to 10 parts water.
Ok thank you! I’ve been looking for a vet for him for a while now and there are none near me that will see him. The ones that I could go to are far from me and their hours don’t go with my schedule but I’m still figuring it out for him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look a bit painful, how is he tonight?
Definitely continue with the betadine soaks & if you can get raw honey to put on it that can help in
case there is infection developing.
I agree, it doesn't appear that he will lose his foot, but it definitely needs to get cleared up so it feels
better for him.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom