Low potassium & liver not functioning?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, definitely try to get some raw honey on the tail, it should help out a lot for him.
What does the vet think, fatty liver or something else?
I looked over the blood tests but will look over them a bit more in the morning. If his
liver is having some trouble, you can try some milk thistle liquid or powder to help with
liver health.
The Uric acid levels look pretty good, or the kidney enzymes so that should be good for
now. His calcium levels look normal, did the vet think his calcium levels looked fine?
How long has he been having balance issues?

Tracie

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
Hello,

I agree, definitely try to get some raw honey on the tail, it should help out a lot for him.
What does the vet think, fatty liver or something else?
I looked over the blood tests but will look over them a bit more in the morning. If his
liver is having some trouble, you can try some milk thistle liquid or powder to help with
liver health.
The Uric acid levels look pretty good, or the kidney enzymes so that should be good for
now. His calcium levels look normal, did the vet think his calcium levels looked fine?
How long has he been having balance issues?

Tracie
Bile acid - high 3x normal level
Low side of normal
Less reliable some of the bloods on reptiles

Could check glucose levels in house
If glucose level is high can mean liver not working and that causes potassium to go low

Local anaesthetic
£270 / £300 for the tail taken off

Liquid supplement for the liver
Hipato liquid

These are the notes I made whilst on the phone to the vet. I have ordered some of the hepato which has milk thistle in that the vet recommended. I read the liver can regrow after time so I’m hoping he gets better. I don’t know how long he’s been wobbly to be honest maybe a couple of months?

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
Bile acid - high 3x normal level
Low side of normal
Less reliable some of the bloods on reptiles

Could check glucose levels in house
If glucose level is high can mean liver not working and that causes potassium to go low

Local anaesthetic
£270 / £300 for the tail taken off

Liquid supplement for the liver
Hipato liquid

These are the notes I made whilst on the phone to the vet. I have ordered some of the hepato which has milk thistle in that the vet recommended. I read the liver can regrow after time so I’m hoping he gets better. I don’t know how long he’s been wobbly to be honest maybe a couple of months?
@Drache613 @KarrieRee

His tail has snapped? Awaiting vet to ring but I don’t know what to do?

Attachments

• 5FCC3855-14AF-4B87-9E43-B5E9B1AC5306.jpeg
    5FCC3855-14AF-4B87-9E43-B5E9B1AC5306.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 55

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
@Drache613 @KarrieRee

His tail has snapped? Awaiting vet to ring but I don’t know what to do?
Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it --- keep putting it on till it scabs over -- NO crickets in the tank- they will go straight for the tail -- the honey is going to prevent infection from starting and promote healing --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do I wash it first before putting honey on? Like do I give it a rinse ?
You can bath him in betadine but I am thinking it may sting him - its an antiseptic --- so maybe not--- use the honey on it - here is some info on the honey

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom