Low potassium & liver not functioning?

Jxc123

Beardie name(s)
Gary
I recently went to the vets for tail rot & they did bloods

Said potassium is low and think liver isn’t functioning properly? He isn’t yellow so I don’t think he has liver failure? He is wobbly like shakey when he moves but nothing that is like neurological he doesn’t fall over he’s just shakey
It is very very hard to get him to eat veg, he mainly eats worms (I know they’re not the greatest) I am really trying
I have recently got a full new set up, arcadia 29” 12% t5 & new basking bulb that I have set at 42c. He has always been quite a chilled out lizard with the odd glass surf. The vet recommended looking inside at his organs but I don’t want to put him through that and also that the tip of his tail needs taking off but can prove hard to heal with a suspected liver issue. The other option was to supplement and see if he improves. I don’t want to just go off the vets say so on everything as I know there are people with years of experience who advise vets what to do. Can anyone help please? I have put a pic of my Viv on, I haven’t finished it yet but have just provided a temp basking spot until I can finish it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I recently went to the vets for tail rot & they did bloods

Said potassium is low and think liver isn’t functioning properly? He isn’t yellow so I don’t think he has liver failure? He is wobbly like shakey when he moves but nothing that is like neurological he doesn’t fall over he’s just shakey
It is very very hard to get him to eat veg, he mainly eats worms (I know they’re not the greatest) I am really trying
I have recently got a full new set up, arcadia 29” 12% t5 & new basking bulb that I have set at 42c. He has always been quite a chilled out lizard with the odd glass surf. The vet recommended looking inside at his organs but I don’t want to put him through that and also that the tip of his tail needs taking off but can prove hard to heal with a suspected liver issue. The other option was to supplement and see if he improves. I don’t want to just go off the vets say so on everything as I know there are people with years of experience who advise vets what to do. Can anyone help please? I have put a pic of my Viv on, I haven’t finished it yet but have just provided a temp basking spot until I can finish it.
Please post a pic of the tank and the dragon -- --Where do you have the UVB? Is it in the tank or on top of the screen? Please get him over on a staple insect - dubia roaches - crickets - BSFL or silk worms - what kind of worms are you feeding? Please NO wax worms - they will cause liver issues -- I would get him some BSFL also known as calci worms - nutri grubs - phoenix worms - they are a great staple and use them as lures to the salad bowl - https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Nutrition Content ignore the kale info its outdated
Do you have the results of the blood work done? If so post them or please get them and post so we can have Tracie look at them

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
Please post a pic of the tank and the dragon -- --Where do you have the UVB? Is it in the tank or on top of the screen? Please get him over on a staple insect - dubia roaches - crickets - BSFL or silk worms - what kind of worms are you feeding? Please NO wax worms - they will cause liver issues -- I would get him some BSFL also known as calci worms - nutri grubs - phoenix worms - they are a great staple and use them as lures to the salad bowl - https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Do you have the results of the blood work done? If so post them or please get them and post so we can have Tracie look at them

Attachments

• ED4EAE0C-0E59-4499-AB10-F1860575E8DD.jpg
    ED4EAE0C-0E59-4499-AB10-F1860575E8DD.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 59
  • F84DB41C-3CEB-4C7B-8065-D0D61AF3C876.jpg
    F84DB41C-3CEB-4C7B-8065-D0D61AF3C876.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 51

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
Good -- I will flag Tracie to this post--- where is the UVB? And are you feeding wax worms?
@Drache613
Thank you and it’s diagonal I’ll see if I have a pic and no not wax worms I’ve just got him silkworms & he usually has mealworms and morio

Attachments

• BA790FD8-FB94-499D-8175-B88A852EFAFA.jpeg
    BA790FD8-FB94-499D-8175-B88A852EFAFA.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you and it’s diagonal I’ll see if I have a pic and no not wax worms I’ve just got him silkworms & he usually has mealworms and morio
Ok great on the staple --- please post a closer pic of his tail - we can get some help on that -- if your UVB bulb is close to a year old please replace it - I recommend 10-11 months

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
The bulb is new I’ve just bought the whole unit last week, he has a full new set up I’ve just got a new everything including viv

Attachments

• 086EE85A-DF8C-4232-911A-9423F140DD60.jpg
    086EE85A-DF8C-4232-911A-9423F140DD60.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 47169F5E-EF60-42CD-A2AE-B7654501A285.jpeg
    47169F5E-EF60-42CD-A2AE-B7654501A285.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 51

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The bulb is new I’ve just bought the whole unit last week, he has a full new set up I’ve just got a new everything including viv
Ok I would start w/ some raw unpasteurized honey no crickets in the tank and I am going to have ahbd take a look
@AHBD

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
I will take some more pics of his tail when I get home, I was using iodine but the vet said there’s no real benefit so I haven’t done it for a few days

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
His tail now

Attachments

• 42C90931-BF9E-4601-9CE2-E3BD1B754883.jpeg
    42C90931-BF9E-4601-9CE2-E3BD1B754883.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 66B16D83-A60A-4740-9EE4-4BC6505BBA05.jpeg
    66B16D83-A60A-4740-9EE4-4BC6505BBA05.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 53

Jxc123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary
I will get some, do I just leave the honey on or do I wash it off after a certain period?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom