Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
I wanted a snake for as long as I can remember. But that was one of the few animals that my mother was completely against, well that and spiders. So I ended up not getting a snake until I was 32 years old. But today when I was putting my ball python back in his tank a thought hit me. I never realized that I could feel so much love or feel so connected to a snake. I have always been a very big animal lover. But like I said I just never thought i would be so connected with a snake. I knew I would love it, but there just seems to be something extra with my ball python.

Does this make any sense and does anyone feel the same way. My fiance even says that the ball python acts very differently with me then with her. Like if she holds Littlefoot he tends to do lots of exploring and sometimes trying to get away. But he acts much calmer with me and tends to move around very little. Plus I am the only one in the house who is able to touch his head without him jerking his head away.

Just thought I would share this short story and see what people thought of it.

Rukii

Juvie Member
I have a juvie corn snake, and everyone always looks at me like I'm insane when I say he's adorable, pretty, or cuddly. I guess its just an 'owner' thing, like you won't know until you get one. My snake Koa isn't really picky about who hold him, he's just all around an extremely well-tempered snake, but I used to have a cat, and she would not let ANYONE pet anything but the top of her head, or she would scratch and bite. She let me hold her and pet her tummy, tail, feet, anywhere. She had a bond with me that no one else had.

Monkey

Juvie Member
if you posted this in a snakey forum you would get a ton of concurs.. snakes reccognise smell and can learn basic relation.
on top of that if you are less nervous than your wife you prolly give off less adrenaline which per say is calmer too for the snake.
I noticed when I handled my boa pandora in the beginning of whom I bought to get over my fear for snakeys, she wold be more moving around. Once I got over the first fear and I started calming down so did she... so I do think the pulse ratio signals as well...
But I have heard stories where snakes seems to prefer one individual over another..

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Monkey":3j0rtlh5 said:
if you posted this in a snakey forum you would get a ton of concurs.. snakes reccognise smell and can learn basic relation.
on top of that if you are less nervous than your wife you prolly give off less adrenaline which per say is calmer too for the snake.
I noticed when I handled my boa pandora in the beginning of whom I bought to get over my fear for snakeys, she wold be more moving around. Once I got over the first fear and I started calming down so did she... so I do think the pulse ratio signals as well...
But I have heard stories where snakes seems to prefer one individual over another..

Thank you for your reply. No, Jen is certainly not more nervous with the snakes. She is just as comfortable as I am with them, I got lucky getting her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom