LOST BABY BEARDIE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I let my beardie out and I was watching her but then my mom told me to come down and help her immediately and I was about to put her on then I thought that I'll be back fast. I was wrong. It was quick but I totally forgot about Hazel and I put her in my bed and she climbed down the blanket and ran somewhere. When I came back, she wasn't in her cage and she wasn't on my bed. Now I'm looking for her. I am very desperate😩😩 she's been out for a couple of hours now and I am just praying that I can find her🙏🙏. She has been trained to answer her name by coming to me and she's a pro at it. I am so sorry Hazel! I feel so guilty for leaving her like that 😔🥺. Im hoping that I can find her before she moves any further around the upstairs. She's just a baby🙏. Again so sorry Hazel.

OrchardDragon

Beardie name(s)
Urdnot Grunt
I'd try looking along the edges of the room and be extra careful to not squish her while moving furniture. I'd also look along the edges of the mattress. If there are other animals in the house be extremely wary of their behavior (if it's unfortunately not too late). Another suggestion would be setting up a basking area near where you left her that is easily accessible from the ground. It's unlikely she'll go there before tomorrow if she's still nearby since it's close to night time. However along walls, behind furniture, perhaps in something like clothes piles/nlankets or on potted plants would be the best places to look imo. Hope the search is quick and successful.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I've heard that they would go hide under or on a wall behind furniture. I do not have any other pets other than her. Im still on a look for her. Although I think I hear her scratching on wall or something! I'll check where I hear her scratching and keep calling her name so that way she can maybe come to me or respond in some way. I think she responded by scratching becuz when I called her name, she scratched and so I called her name again and the scratches continue! I hope I find her

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I hear the scratches in our hangout room which is not super far from my room but to her, it would be pretty far

OrchardDragon

Beardie name(s)
Urdnot Grunt
Given how fast even a baby dragon can run I wouldn't call any place too far. If you hear scratching then try locating the source. If it somehow doesn't end up being the Beardie I'd slowly work my way outward from the room in the search.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I found her!!! I finally located the place where she was scratching. She was chilling by a box in our hangout room. She is a bit cold though so I'll put her under a light right away. Her face looks like she had a great adventure lol. When I called her name one last time she started to move trying to get to me so that's how I found her:)

OrchardDragon

Beardie name(s)
Urdnot Grunt
Good to hear! My personal preference is to keep a dragons "expedition" of rooms etc. to a minimum until they are at least 14 inches and even then exclusively with supervision. But great job finding her!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
But if I didn't train her to come to me when I call her name, then I probably would not find her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
But if I didn't train her to come to me when I call her name, then I probably would not find her.
She is pretty young I would not let her out to roam anymore ---its good you found her tho --- how big is she? If shes really small she can get into something or under something you may not have gotten to her --

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She is starting to get a medium large. She is 11 inches almost a foot

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
That was the last time I measured her but I can check her again to get the right measurement of her right now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That was the last time I measured her but I can check her again to get the right measurement of her right now
ok good --- well keep an eye on her dont let her out of your sight-- you dont want her under something you cant get to her --- refrigerators dressers things like that we had someone lose theirs under a dock one time -- they did get the dragon back but the boy ended up crawling under the dock to get to the dragon -- not fun!!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
That it not fun. I will this time not get her out of my sight and when I'm done with her, I'll actually make sure she's in her tank and that she isn't on my bed🙂

razorback

I let my beardie out and I was watching her but then my mom told me to come down and help her immediately and I was about to put her on then I thought that I'll be back fast. I was wrong. It was quick but I totally forgot about Hazel and I put her in my bed and she climbed down the blanket and ran somewhere. When I came back, she wasn't in her cage and she wasn't on my bed. Now I'm looking for her. I am very desperate😩😩 she's been out for a couple of hours now and I am just praying that I can find her🙏🙏. She has been trained to answer her name by coming to me and she's a pro at it. I am so sorry Hazel! I feel so guilty for leaving her like that 😔🥺. Im hoping that I can find her before she moves any further around the upstairs. She's just a baby🙏. Again so sorry Hazel.
My experience with George, he is rather curious so what better name for him than George the Bearded Dragon. When he disappeared from his room, actually, it is the room he shares with me. He doesn't live in a cage. He lets me use it for my music room and computer work. When he was about 2, I left the door open and he wandered out to explore the rest of the house. We couldn't find him anywhere. We looked up and down and even sideways. After weeks passed, turning into months we expected that he crawled under something and died. Six months later I went into our room and there was George sitting on a pile of blankets. The only place in the room that he could have been hiding is behind a cabinet in the closet that was only 1" from the wall. He must have crawled in sideways and brominated. When I found him, I was expecting that he must be hungry. Little did I know just how much so he was. He ate 30 super worms! So much for dragons lost and expected never to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom