Los Angeles area, Bearded Dragon Rehoming

I am helping a friend of a friend rehome a 2-year old bearded dragon named Rex. While the current owner did not have a lot of experience with reptiles before getting Rex, she does care greatly that the animal go to a home with someone who is experienced and can provide a good, permanent home. I have offered to help her by reaching out to some groups/forums where she might find such an owner in her area. I've not yet met the dragon, but I have information (below) and pictures (attached), including pictures of the current enclosure and lighting set-up.

If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like to give this little guy a home, please PM me. (Pick-up only.)

• What is the size of the current enclosure?
    • THE ENCLOSURE IS 30” wide, 16” deep, 16” high
  • What kind of UV light is currently in use?
    • REPTISUN 5.0 UVB
  • When was the UV bulb last changed?
    • 4 MONTHS AGO
  • What kind of heat bulb is currently in use?
    • I BELIEVE ITS A ZOOMED RED 75 WATT
  • What is the dragon's usual diet?
    • MOSTLY COLLARD GREENS EVERY MORNING AND ABOUT 5 CRICKETS OR DUBIA ROACHES IN THE EVENING
  • What vitamins and supplements has the dragon been getting?
    • CALCIUM POWDER ON HIS GREENS
  • What supplies will come (free) with the dragon?
    • ENCLOSURE, HEAT LAMP UV LAMP WATER BOWL FOOD BOWL HIDING TUNNEL BASKING LOG

Attachments

• rehoming dragon pic 1.jpg
    rehoming dragon pic 1.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 113

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Just an FYI that red light is not good for him. He needs a white basking light. Also he needs a depth sun 10 T5 and that screen is blocking most of the uvb. The enclosure is too small. Just information to pass on to the new owner.😊

jclee

Original Poster
Just an FYI that red light is not good for him. He needs a white basking light. Also he needs a depth sun 10 T5 and that screen is blocking most of the uvb. The enclosure is too small. Just information to pass on to the new owner.😊
I am aware. This is not my dragon, and since the owner is looking to rehome, I am not currently educating her on changes. Instead, I am screening for a new home with an owner who already knows how to provide appropriate care. PM me if you are interested.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom