Lone Star Adventures!

Ok so ignore the name, that’s the name of my property and I thought it would be cool for a thread name!

So this is gonna be like a thread about stupid reptile or animal related things happening over here in Australia!

Firstly…

So today started to a slightly rough start, woke up late for school, and had to rush to get ready. So as I was turning Cookie’s lights on, his heat lamp just went KABOOM! Wouldn’t turn on, so I had to scramble around my bedroom to find a decent bulb that I could use. Thankfully, I had a single light left.

As I opened his cage up to fix everything, Cookie hopped onto my arm, and just sat there, trying to eat my uniform, which is a lovely kale-coloured green. I ended up putting the light in, but why did he have to just sit there? 😂 He could have at least held the fixture still for me to put it in!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I love when they look at us like we are dumd (misspelling intentional lol)

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
So the other day, I was just having a relax day, not doing much. Since my mother got a wee bit fed up with me doing nothing (in my defence, I was practicing guitar!), so she told me to go help my father prepare his race car for Bathurst in a few weeks.

I went down, with the intention of maybe working on the scrap car by myself as my own project, but instead, I decided to walk up the mountain still on the property, and go on a little herping adventure!

With my luck, I didn’t see anything on my adventure, but I did get a few nice pics of the mountain. But as I was walking back up the driveway and to the house, I spotted a beardie just chilling on a tree! I took a few pics, and continued my way up. I saw the cows staring at something, which turned out to be another beardie, and this time, the dude decided to be my model! Of course I got loads of pics, he was too chonky not to!

And yes, I was sweating like a pig out there, it was 40 degrees Celsius againl

Attachments

• 7A145B00-9F11-4E9E-A666-A12795127C4E.jpeg
    7A145B00-9F11-4E9E-A666-A12795127C4E.jpeg
    486.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 38077DC4-C084-4152-BD44-CBED7EE7AA7B.jpeg
    38077DC4-C084-4152-BD44-CBED7EE7AA7B.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 89A559E6-ED42-4F05-94BD-4CAAC794FA4E.jpeg
    89A559E6-ED42-4F05-94BD-4CAAC794FA4E.jpeg
    506.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 03B0F025-EDAF-4817-A8F0-2CE88E2BEAF0.jpeg
    03B0F025-EDAF-4817-A8F0-2CE88E2BEAF0.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 75142C63-1E1F-4408-8CE4-97FF916A8816.jpeg
    75142C63-1E1F-4408-8CE4-97FF916A8816.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 58
  • FBCB7588-1A57-4A71-AAC6-D62A252A2463.jpeg
    FBCB7588-1A57-4A71-AAC6-D62A252A2463.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 66

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
OMG i want one of those black beardies SOOOO bad. You make me so jealous when you post pics of them lol. If my initial breeding attempt goes well i would like to breed towards solid black beardies then breed those into the super orange ones. If ebony beardies with orange striping could be produced that would be awesome.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
OMG i want one of those black beardies SOOOO bad. You make me so jealous when you post pics of them lol. If my initial breeding attempt goes well i would like to breed towards solid black beardies then breed those into the super orange ones. If ebony beardies with orange striping could be produced that would be awesome.
Yessss! I need a solid black beardie, it’s too bad that I cant find basically any morphs here in AU cause it’s such a rare hobby. I once was at a fish store of all places, and saw a giant entire floor dedicated to beardies, and AHHH I LOVED IT! The store bred on site, and all the beardies and morphs were so healthy and amazing!

I’d breed, but it’s too expensive for a license and everything here and I’m saving up for a 5 string bass haha or maybe buy CC’s drumheads

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Luckily here we don't have to have a license. But beings they are native to AU i can understand them not wanting just everyone trying to produce morphs, can you imagine an entire facility being wiped out in a strom and a couple hundred altered beardies getting loose to breed with the native beardies? It's untelling what kind of consequences would arise.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Luckily here we don't have to have a license. But beings they are native to AU i can understand them not wanting just everyone trying to produce morphs, can you imagine an entire facility being wiped out in a strom and a couple hundred altered beardies getting loose to breed with the native beardies? It's untelling what kind of consequences would arise.
Yeah, its unfortunate but understandable, at least I have like a million beardie families in my backyard that I can fawn over

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
So many crazy things have happened recently lol

Firstly Cookie decided that my neck was tasty, apparently it was very tasty because he just kept chomping (got him off though, no blood so I’m fine)

The other day, Waffles decided to completely bury himself in his dirt, and slept there overnight and I woke up to a very grumpy old man once I dug him out

And the coolest thing ever… I’m working on filming a herping video! I‘m currently just planning out what I’m going to do in it, and hopefully over the school holidays once I’ve done all exams and assessments I’ll get to filming, and edit everything while I’m down at Bathurst!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
So you’ll be getting a face-reveal and cool herping video all in one 😈 as well as maybe some bass guitar if I feel like it

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
What platform are you going to use, youtube? If you use the forum as your platform gonna be a short video lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
What platform are you going to use, youtube? If you use the forum as your platform gonna be a short video lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣
YouTube if I can figure out how to post videos on my account that thinks I’m a toddler!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Mine did that a few years ago, it kept telling i had to log in to "watch this content" like there is anything on youtube that isn't safe lol. So i made an account and it still wouldn't play video's. I guess they fixed it, i haven't gotten that message in a long time.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Mine did that a few years ago, it kept telling i had to log in to "watch this content" like there is anything on youtube that isn't safe lol. So i made an account and it still wouldn't play video's. I guess they fixed it, i haven't gotten that message in a long time.
I might try that, however unfortunately when my parents created my account (which is connected to a family account) I was like, 12 I think? So when I made my account, it was registered for a 12 year old and had restrictions like ‘can’t read comments’ or even listen to the 2nd album in the Green Day trilogy, ’Dos’!

If my parents or I can’t fix the issues, I might contact YouTube or see if I can make a new YouTube account linked to the family that still has YouTube premium

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
For all the tech in the world, tech can still be pretty dumb lmao. You wouldn't think it should be that hard to update info, or for tech to realize years have gone by and your obviously not still 12 sheesh 🥴

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Sigh

last night at like 11pm, I woke up to one of the floofers (dogs) barking his head off. My mother ran downstairs, and I looked out my room. I asked her why the dog was barking, turns out a lovely childrens python was in the house. I put clothes on, and ran downstairs. Now, I really love snakes. But not when they woke me up at 11pm and are trying to murder me.

My mother is terrified of snakes, so it was my job, to push the snake outside.

Anyone wanna trade houses with me, I don’t wanna live in Australia anymore 😂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Me me me me!!!!!!!
I'll have a house full of the black beardies you keep posting pics of lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom