Lone Star Adventures!

Ok so ignore the name, that’s the name of my property and I thought it would be cool for a thread name!

So this is gonna be like a thread about stupid reptile or animal related things happening over here in Australia!

Firstly…

So today started to a slightly rough start, woke up late for school, and had to rush to get ready. So as I was turning Cookie’s lights on, his heat lamp just went KABOOM! Wouldn’t turn on, so I had to scramble around my bedroom to find a decent bulb that I could use. Thankfully, I had a single light left.

As I opened his cage up to fix everything, Cookie hopped onto my arm, and just sat there, trying to eat my uniform, which is a lovely kale-coloured green. I ended up putting the light in, but why did he have to just sit there? 😂 He could have at least held the fixture still for me to put it in!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You should know by now his royal beardie highness can't be bothered to stoop to assisting us lowly pheasants lol.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
You should know by now his royal beardie highness can't be bothered to stoop to assisting us lowly pheasants lol.
Hahaha oh god yeah, he was just sitting there like peasant. Get my light in. And fast.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
LOVE THIS POST- you got me.
Keep them coming! And shame on you for wearing green tricking him lol

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Got another few stories, not all reptile related but just stupid things and cool things happening over here!

So just yesterday, as some of you might know, was the Bathurst 12hr. Now, I’m a big racing fan, I sometimes like to go out racing with my dad (I can’t drive, I just help out lol) and I spent the entire day watching the race. For those who can’t bother to watch it, it was very good, super tense and just AMAZING!

So I had Cookie out for snuggles while I was watching, and he was just like ‘gimme foot rub’. So I gently like massaged his toes and he was just like ooohhhh blehhh I like dat

Maybe last week, I got told by my mother during school, that someone had left the gate to the horse paddock open, and all 5 horses just were outside the house, monching on the grass 😂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My girlfriend gives foot rubs to every animal that gets within her reach lol, it's funny taking her in a pet store. The one exception is the wild donkeys in these parts. She gives them ear scratches and kisses (when she can lure them in with apples 🍎 and carrots 🥕(true story)).

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Waffles is in shed and now I have to deal with a grumpy old man 😅

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
My girlfriend gives foot rubs to every animal that gets within her reach lol, it's funny taking her in a pet store. The one exception is the wild donkeys in these parts. She gives them ear scratches and kisses (when she can lure them in with apples 🍎 and carrots 🥕(true story)).
Wild donkeys? Wow that must be cool, the only wild animals we get around here are a plethora of reptiles and amphibians, and a few foxes here and there, as well as koalas

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It would be interesting to switch places for a few days lol. Probably would be eye opening for everyone 😁. I would have to frisk Christina before we came home though, I'm sure she would have at least 1 Koala 🐨 and two spmethings else stuffed in her shirt lol 😆

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Point in case, this is a baby horned lizard we found I found in Arizona. I just about had to fight her to keep her from bringing it home. I've never seen her want something as bad as she wanted to keep it. But I know their diet is exclusively Carpenter ants and they have to have the acid in them to survive, so i made her leave it.

Attachments

• 20211120_144804.jpg
    20211120_144804.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211120_144906.jpg
    20211120_144906.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 61

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
It would be interesting to switch places for a few days lol. Probably would be eye opening for everyone 😁. I would have to frisk Christina before we came home though, I'm sure she would have at least 1 Koala 🐨 and two spmethings else stuffed in her shirt lol 😆
I’m sure she would lol, we’ve got like so many frogs and just animals around here lolol, even a few wild pigs if you’re lucky!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Point in case, this is a baby horned lizard we found I found in Arizona. I just about had to fight her to keep her from bringing it home. I've never seen her want something as bad as she wanted to keep it. But I know their diet is exclusively Carpenter ants and they have to have the acid in them to survive, so i made her leave it.
I just wanna boop it, i think it would be hard for me to resist too

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
anyone wanna borrow a spring time twitterpated parakeet for a week or three??? :devilish::devilish::devilish:
(OMG i thought dragons doing the scrabble scrabble flop glass surfing was bad!)

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
anyone wanna borrow a spring time twitterpated parakeet for a week or three??? :devilish::devilish::devilish:
(OMG i thought dragons doing the scrabble scrabble flop glass surfing was bad!)
oh my gawd I love birds so much, I’ve always wanted one but alas, the family dog is a big fan of having the freshest chicken nuggets as a dinnertime meal..

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom