LOLOLOL Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to a flea market today,taking Alf with us,while we were looking around I got the usual,Look at the iguana,what is that thing,Is it alive..........We stopped at one table and I was looking at the "glass dolls". Mark pointed out some gorgeous ceramic dragons in beautiful colors. While we were looking and talking the lady that was over the table walked up and although she didn't want to get any closer she asked what I had.........I said,she's a bearded dragon(..we had been looking at dragon statues.........)she evidently didn't hear the bearded part and looked right at me and said "So they've actually bred them that small..........Ok we just explained that she's a BEARDED dragon(she was an older lady.........LOLOLOL so now I have a small dragon,although she does not breathe fire and does not have wings,she's the dragon of my heart(along with My Gimli man)

wingnuts

Juvie Member
That's pretty funny! I can see it in my mind and it's giving me a good chuckle. :x

Tracy & Stella

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Hahaha, that's a great story!

Did you tell her that they bred the wings and fire out for convenience? lol, dang dragons flying around peoples houses, setting their enclosures on fire....

I have a pet duck that goes everywhere with me, and one of the most common questions I get is: "Is that a DUCK???"
Usually I will humor them and tell them all about my Pippin, but if I'm feeling snarky I'll sometimes reply, "No, I dress my cat this way."

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Beardie Tales]

Great story! Now you can proudly tell people that Alf is a decendent of fire-breathing dragons :laughing6:

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
spurlee01":3guvrtok said:
Lol that's hilarious. I get "OH MY GOD IT'S ALIVE!" a lot when I'm out with Lil.

at renaissance faires, sometimes people have these animatronic dragon puppet things they put on their shoulders and walk around with. For some reason, your post reminded me of them.
omg, here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1AYsQihzqs

I'd prefer my beardie to those any day of the week, and twice on sundays

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
Chinese Dragons don't have wings! :) (why I like them as they are closer to our bearded ones)

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
People continue to amaze me with the questions they ask. One of my favorite thing is : Wow look at the iguana,a friend of mine had one of those............Iguanas are basically green.And most of the ones I've seen are illtempered. I know the temperament(?) has a lot to do with how they are handled,but good grief.I guess I have heard too many horror stories but I wouldn't have an iguana. I always explain about beardies the best I can and advise anyone to do research before getting any pet. But sometimes it's just funny,the things that people say.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
I rendered the cash register lady speechless a few weeks ago when I bought a few jars of baby food squash for Angus. She was ringing them up (along with collard greens and other assorted veggies for his salad) when she asked "How old is your baby?" So I smiled at her and said "Under a year, I think, not really sure of his age" and as she looked at me with wide eyes, I chimed in with "It's for a baby bearded dragon" :lol:

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
kimmie":3he72ua9 said:
I rendered the cash register lady speechless a few weeks ago when I bought a few jars of baby food squash for Angus. She was ringing them up (along with collard greens and other assorted veggies for his salad) when she asked "How old is your baby?" So I smiled at her and said "Under a year, I think, not really sure of his age" and as she looked at me with wide eyes, I chimed in with "It's for a baby bearded dragon" :lol:

hilarious story! I can only imagine the lady's confusion! hahaha

jenngib

My daughter loves to tell people about our baby dragon. She's only 4 so people usually just smile and nod, then she brings Puff out to show him off. She scared our neighbor half out of her wig :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom