Locust Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC0609

Decided to start my own colony, got about 20 adults, seems more females to males.

Using cardboard as a substrate and have egg crates for em too.

Current temperature is at 28.4 C and humidity 60% (too high?)

They have a large supply of spring greens an ice cream tub full of slightly damp vermiculite.

They laid one batch of eggs on the substrate.

Am I doin it right?

EDIT 31/12/13 15:25
Air temp a little away from bask area is 28.5 C, humidity is around 50% and falling. Moistened vermiculite a little too much but shouldn't be a problem in a day or so. Basking are reaches temps of up to 35 C. Vermiculite temp 30 C

JC0609

Original Poster
I have them in the shed so escapees are no problem. I've had one escapee so far though.

JC0609

Original Poster
A lot, I can't count, there's too many. This time in two months it'll be in the thousands

mortitia

Hatchling Member
Thats great, faster than roaches! Now all you need to do is write a 'how to' so the rest of us can have a go :D

What sort of container do you keep them in? they have a pretty huge leap11

How are your babies doing? My 2nd clutch started hatching yesterday and so far I have about 11 little snappers, viscous little bunch!

Marie x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom